New lid time - AGV Sport Modular Carbon

Soldato
I've broken the cardinal rule, I've had the same helmet for the past 10+ years, I know, I know...

My wife has put her foot down and urged me to get a new one, so... I've looked around and without being able to go and try something on, I've had to resort to researching.

I currently have the AGV Ti Tech and it fits like a glove, absolutely love it and wish it would last forever but that's not going to happen. I've tried multiple brands before and nothing ever fit my head properly, thanks to my tiny pea head.

I'm looking at the AGV Sport Modular Carbon lid and it looks amazing, ticks all my boxes bar one... The chin strap, huge fan of the double D ring, anything else is just not as good in my opinion. But the reports state it's very far back and rests against the throat. Has anyone tried this helmet and if so, do you feel the same?

Soldato
Edit: sorry read the post properly about the chin strap, looking at SBS reviews another mentions that, several also say it's noisy.

I take it you want the flip up function?

I guess you'd have to try one on to see about the strap as everyone is shaped differently.

Personally I think that's a lot of money for a noisy helmet, but I'm sure it'll still be a good quality helmet. It's got the pinlock and sun visor.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've gone ahead and ordered the tricolor version, a bit more expensive but figured I'd treat my self.

As for wind noise, that doesn't bother me, the ti tech was very loud and I've just gotten used to it over the years and plus, I always wear plugs.

I'll report back on the chin strap location once it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom