** NEW LINKSYS ROUTER - PRE ORDER FREE ITEM WORTH £80 **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

Linksys' new router is now available for pre-order!

It's a worldie with a swathe of features for gamers. It has been made in conjunction with Killer, and works in conjunction with the Killer networking features on your supported motherboards to decrease ping at peak times up to 77%!

If you pre-order between now and 23rd October you will receive a free Razer headset worth £80. Check out the product below:

qXNR94U.jpg

Linksys WRT32X AC3200 Dual Band Wireless Gaming Router - Killer Networking Features @ £299.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Link...ter-Killer-Networking-Features-NW-16H-LS.html

Linksys WRT32X AC3200 Dual Band Gaming Router, Killer Prioritization Engine, Reduces peak ping by up to 77%*
Custom-built gaming user interface and firmware, 1.8 GHz dual-core central processor

Only £299.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

We partnered with Killer Networking to develop a Wi-Fi router built purely for gaming. The WRT32X, with its Killer Prioritisation Engine, reduces lag, increases speed and cuts ping rate by 77%. Discover how the WRT32X gaming router gives gamers an unrivaled advantage over the competition in online games where a millisecond can mean victory or defeat.

BUILT EXCLUSIVELY FOR GAMING
Engineered purely for gaming, the Linksys WRT32X Gaming Router with Killer Prioritization Engine provides a dominating home network.

This high-performance gaming router synchronizes with Killer-enabled PCs--from brands such as Alienware™, Gigabyte™, MSI™ and Razer™--to reduce peak ping times by up to 77% and deliver smooth, lag-free gaming.*

You gain an unrivaled advantage over your competition in MOBAs, shooters, and other games where a single millisecond can mean victory or defeat.

LOWER PEAK PING UP TO 77%*
We partnered with Killer Networking, industry leaders in gaming networking, to develop a Wi-Fi router for hard-core gamers. The WRT32X uses the Killer Prioritization Engine to identify, prioritize, and accelerate your gaming traffic above all other devices and activities on your home Wi-Fi.

Gaming PCs may experience less than optimal ping rates when the network is under load. When matched with a Killer-enabled PC, the WRT32X gaming router automatically syncs using the Killer Prioritization Engine to reduce peak ping by up to 77%.* The result, unparalleled gaming-conquering response rates no matter what other devices on the network are doing.

CUSTOM-BUILT FIRMWARE BOOSTS PERFORMANCE
Enjoy exceptional online gaming performance from specially engineered software. Gaming-optimized firmware works to minimize response times, thus providing a virtually lag-free connection when you need it most: in the midst of a heated competition.

You won't lose your edge even if your roommates or LAN party are streaming, gaming, or strategizing with you over voice chat about how to take down the competition.

ULTRA-FAST WI-FI
The WRT32X gives you dominating Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi speeds up to 3.2 Gbps that keep you at the top of your game. Experience exceptionally smooth, responsive gameplay. The Killer Priorization Engine will reliably fast-track gaming traffic whether you're using a wired or Wi-Fi connection.

POWERFUL INTERFACE FOR ULTIMATE CONTROL OVER WI-FI TRAFFIC
The intuitive interface lets you see your home's Internet traffic. You can monitor connected devices, manage advanced networking settings, and conduct speed tests with just a few mouse clicks.

With the gaming-focused UI dashboard, you can check network traffic speeds, check VPN and network storage status, see Killer device connection status, and also control port-forwarding. You'll know at a glance whether your PC or console games are performing optimally.

MU-MIMO PROVIDES STUNNING MULTI-DEVICE PERFORMANCE
Thanks to MU-MIMO technology, the WRT32X Gaming Router can handle even the most bandwidth-intensive environments. MU-MIMO builds upon longtime broadcasting cornerstones--such as spatial multiplexing, beamforming, and scheduling algorithms--to boost overall throughput and distribute bandwidth fairly between devices. Each connected client device receives its own dedicated data stream, so users won't have to compete with one another for bandwidth. Multiple users can simultaneously engage in 4K video streaming, play online games, and perform other data-intensive tasks without latency or buffering.

PRO-GRADE GIGABIT ETHERNET CONNECTIVITY
The WRT32X gaming router also features a pro-grade Gigabit Ethernet switch with four ports, making it ideal for connecting multiple gaming rigs or consoles at your next LAN party.

Connect game consoles, gaming laptops, 4K TVs, additional switches, and other devices
Ultra-fast eSATA port for connecting shared network storage devices at high speeds
USB 3.0 port for connecting hard drives or USB memory sticks

Features

KILLER PRIORITIZATION ENGINE
The first router purpose-built to prioritize gaming.

Gaming Dashboard
CUSTOMIZED GAMING FIRMWARE AND USER INTERFACE
Custom-built interface and firmware for gaming traffic control.

1.8GHz Dual-Core CPU
1.8 GHZ DUAL-CORE CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT (CPU)
Promotes simultaneous high-speed data processing.

4 High-Performance Antennas
4 HIGH-PERFORMANCE ANTENNAS
Ensure optimal coverage and maximum signal strength – even in large, multi-story buildings.

TECHNICAL SPECS

Wi-Fi Technology:
Dual-band AC3200 MU-MIMO w/ MU-MIMO, DFS
Key Features:
802.11a
802.11g
802.11n
802.11ac
Wi-Fi Speed:
AC3200 (N600 + AC2600)
Wi-Fi Bands:
2.4 and 5 GHz (simultaneous dual-band)
Wi-Fi Range:
Very Large Household
Number of Ethernet Ports:
1x Gigabit WAN port
4x Gigabit LAN ports
Other Ports:
One(1) USB 3.0 port
One(1) Combo eSATA/USB 2.0 port
Power
Antennas:
4x external, dual-band, detachable antennas
Processor:
1.8 GHz dual-core
LEDs:
Power, Internet, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, eSATA, USB1 (USB 2.0), USB2 (USB 3.0), LAN 1–4 (activity/10/100 Mbps), LAN 1–4 (1 Gbps), WPS
Wireless Encryption:
WPA2 Personal
VPN Support:
PPTP
IPSec pass-through
Storage File System Support:
FAT, NTFS, and HFS+
Easy Setup:
Browser-based Setup
Certified Operating Systems:
MacOS (10.X or higher), Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (Works with Windows 10)
Minimum System Requirements:
Internet Explorer® 8
Safari® 5 (for Mac®)
Firefox® 8
Google Chrome™
Dimensions (LxWxH):
245.87 x 193.80 x 51.82 mm(9.68 x 7.63 x 2.04 in.) without antennas
Weight:
798.32 g(28.16 oz)
Security Features:
WPA2
128 bit AES link encryption
Regulatory Compliance:
FCC class B
Other Certifications:
FCC DFS Certified
Additional Information:
Open Source ready for OpenWrt
Power Supply:
Input: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz; Output: 12V, 3.0A

Associate
Killer marketing madness. They certainly got their money out of the 77% 'stat'; I lost count of how many times it was mentioned :rolleyes:

Alas it's not enough to make me overlook the fact that it's £100, i.e. 67% more expensive than it's blue cousin, with only dubious claims about the mythical 77% and a darker paint job to justify it. Oh well, look on the bright side, at least it's not RGB :D

Soldato
More than likely a dense question but does this entirely replace, for example, my virgin media router or work in conjunction with it?

A bit of both. You'd need to put the Virgin router into modem mode which basically turns it into a cable modem and disables all routing. You then connect that to the WAN port on the replacement router and that's mostly it.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
More than likely a dense question but does this entirely replace, for example, my virgin media router or work in conjunction with it?
Most UK ISPs (internet service providers) certainly for domestic broadband are supplying combined modem / routers to which you can connect your wired and wireless devices, often described as a "hub". In Virgin Media's case they supply a "Superhub" whi. If your IP is BT, Sky, Talk Talk or similar whether it's a form of ADSL or Fibre to Cabinet down your phone line, you still usually get a combined box of tricks.

The Linksys WRT32X is the router component only, i.e. it provides wired and wireless connections for your devices. But you will still need the modem part of your hub, connected to the WAN port of the WRT so that the WRT as router can convers with the internet. You would have to put the ISPs hub into "modem mode"

Some routers supplied by Linksys, Netgear, Draytek, and many others can perform as hubs on ADSL/Fibre to Cabinet over the BT type phone line as these are combined routers with integral ADSL/VDSL modems. This WRT32X does not have that modem functionality. For Virgin Media, due to the cable connection, you will always have to use their hub in modem mode. There are no third party routers from the likes of Linksys or similar that contain a cable compatible modem.

OcUK Staff
OP
I dunno but my Ethernet is much cheaper than spending £300...

Okay, it's not for you but I imagine, for example, in a house where there are 3 kids all wanting to either watch vids, game etc. then a wireless router that prioritises traffic, reduces ping etc., would be a good thing (especially if you want to prioritise your connection over the kids ;) ). Besides, you still get the killer functionality over Ethernet.

Associate
Nik, do OcUK still sell Killer network cards, or is the only option to get a new mainboard/laptop with a chip onboard these days? I had a look but couldn't see any add-in cards.

Soldato
Okay, it's not for you but I imagine, for example, in a house where there are 3 kids all wanting to either watch vids, game etc. then a wireless router that prioritises traffic, reduces ping etc., would be a good thing (especially if you want to prioritise your connection over the kids ;) ). Besides, you still get the killer functionality over Ethernet.
My £30 TP Link has bandwidth limiting for all IP's, just set a static IP for each device and if I see high packets going to certain IP I just limit it for a set time.

OcUK Staff
OP
My £30 TP Link has bandwidth limiting for all IP's, just set a static IP for each device and if I see high packets going to certain IP I just limit it for a set time.

Do you do this in real time? Also I expect that the people this product is aimed at wouldn't know how to do what you do, even with a google tutorial. If I tried to talk my parents through it they would just get angry and we'd end up falling out.

This product isn't for you. Doesn't mean there isn't a market for it.

Soldato
Nik, do OcUK still sell Killer network cards, or is the only option to get a new mainboard/laptop with a chip onboard these days? I had a look but couldn't see any add-in cards.
Killer stopped making NICs some time ago, once all boards had come with onboard gigabit for some time there simply wasn't enough gullible 100mbit users left to justify production. These days their stuff is generally found on motherboards where the manufacturer wants to offer two network ports but doesn't want to pay Intel for two.

Soldato
Most UK ISPs (internet service providers) certainly for domestic broadband are supplying combined modem / routers to which you can connect your wired and wireless devices, often described as a "hub". In Virgin Media's case they supply a "Superhub" whi. If your IP is BT, Sky, Talk Talk or similar whether it's a form of ADSL or Fibre to Cabinet down your phone line, you still usually get a combined box of tricks.

The Linksys WRT32X is the router component only, i.e. it provides wired and wireless connections for your devices. But you will still need the modem part of your hub, connected to the WAN port of the WRT so that the WRT as router can convers with the internet. You would have to put the ISPs hub into "modem mode"

Some routers supplied by Linksys, Netgear, Draytek, and many others can perform as hubs on ADSL/Fibre to Cabinet over the BT type phone line as these are combined routers with integral ADSL/VDSL modems. This WRT32X does not have that modem functionality. For Virgin Media, due to the cable connection, you will always have to use their hub in modem mode. There are no third party routers from the likes of Linksys or similar that contain a cable compatible modem.

Thankgod someone explained that properly for me. Any OCUK link to something that will do both router and modem that I can use to replace my virgin hub?

Back
Top Bottom