1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New MBP looking for USB-C Hub for display and power

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by roccles, Sep 4, 2018.

1. roccles

Hitman

I am getting my first MacBook Pro soon and would like to get a hub that will allow me to connect a monitor (HDMI or Display port), power the laptop and also offer some USB 3.0 ports. so I can easily plug one cable in when I get to the office and start working.

I was thinking I would ideally like to spend no more than 50 quid.

After reading a couple of reviews I see recommendations for

Satechi Aluminum Multi-Port Adapter V2-4K HDMI

and the

HooToo USB C Hub, 6-in-1USB C adater with Ethernet, 4K HDMI

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, any recommendations for a mouse and keyboard, am I best off just getting Apple ones or are there better third party alternatives?

Cheers

Edit: Updated link

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. Maccy

Commissario

3. roccles

Hitman

Thanks for pointing that out. The HooToo seems to get pretty good reviews a lot cheaper than the Satechi so maybe I will go for that. Got a week or so before it arrives so will keep looking before I order.

Cheers

4. The_Abyss

Capodecina

I have a HooToo that provides 4k HDMI, 3 x USB3 and an SD card. It performs ok, although I have found that the when running the HDMI out the closest USB 3 port can suffer intermittent power loss. I've treated it pretty poorly though to be fair - just slung loose in a bag every day - so maybe there's something loose inside. Otherwise it has been just fine.

5. i5aces

Hitman

i have a QacQoc I got on online, It has done me very well and has handled everything I have thrown at it.