New Minecraft 1.12 Survival Server

Soldato
OP
Right, i've been thinking of getting minecraft. I played it on PS4 but that is all, how much different is it on PC?

Do i need anything other than the base game to join this server?

Thanks, Rich.

Oh and where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Hiya. As far as I know the console editions are often a release behind the pc versions, so pc is on 1.9 and consoles are on 1.8. The nether is larger on pc, making the distanced travelled = 8:1 instead of 3:1 on console, so nether travelling/networks cover more ground. It also seems console edition worlds are limited to 5000x5000 blocks!!!! PC world is 60,000,000x60,000,000 blocks lol. This means biomes are much smaller on console.
For this server, all you need is the base game which is £18 direct from Mojang.

Cheers - Ham :)

Last edited:

bJN

bJN

Soldato
The biggest difference for the PC version is the easy access to mods, which once you delve into will completely change the experience for you.

Haven't played vanilla Minecraft for a very long time; only recently been playing it again on the 1.7.10 modpack and that's tremendous fun!

Soldato
I'm struggling in my current spot on the server and I can't really make any progress as a result. Either 1.9 has changed the spawn mechanism to allow mobs to spawn during daylight or the biome I'm in has issues. Either way, the moment I venture outside in daylight I either get arrowed to death, blown up to death or withered to death by a witch. These mobs shouldn't be there during daytime at all and they seem to linger around in open land after sunrise for longer than usual.

Soldato
OP
I'm struggling in my current spot on the server and I can't really make any progress as a result. Either 1.9 has changed the spawn mechanism to allow mobs to spawn during daylight or the biome I'm in has issues. Either way, the moment I venture outside in daylight I either get arrowed to death, blown up to death or withered to death by a witch. These mobs shouldn't be there during daytime at all and they seem to linger around in open land after sunrise for longer than usual.

Kainz - I've got work today, but I'll try and pop on maybe later and have a look at your place. Do you have a home set there?

Cheers - ham

Soldato
OP
Kainz, I've run a few day/night cycles at your place and everything seems to be normal. I've seen no new mobs spawn in during daytime, but there are loads of trees around your build, meaning mobs that spawn during the night can easily find shelter during the day so as they don't catch fire, leaving you with a formidable army during the day!

Also to note, creepers and witches do not burn during the day, nor do skellies in armour, zombies in armour and baby zombies full stop. I think that lighting the area up to stop no mobs spawning during the night would help a lot. Check your upper chest - I've put some torches in there for you to light the surrounding area up, because I'm nice :p

I'm on for a bit tonight, and maybe later tomorrow (family gathering - more catering lol). Let me know how you get on. Cheers Trish/ham :)

Soldato
Kainz, I've run a few day/night cycles at your place and everything seems to be normal. I've seen no new mobs spawn in during daytime, but there are loads of trees around your build, meaning mobs that spawn during the night can easily find shelter during the day so as they don't catch fire, leaving you with a formidable army during the day!

Also to note, creepers and witches do not burn during the day, nor do skellies in armour, zombies in armour and baby zombies full stop. I think that lighting the area up to stop no mobs spawning during the night would help a lot. Check your upper chest - I've put some torches in there for you to light the surrounding area up, because I'm nice :p

I'm on for a bit tonight, and maybe later tomorrow (family gathering - more catering lol). Let me know how you get on. Cheers Trish/ham :)
Cheers mate!

Yeah I know about the trees, but the huge number of mobs were in that area way before the trees. I had to plant those just to get some wood (hurr) because I could barely get any further without being killed.

Cheers for the goods! It's been a while since I've been on as I'm having my room redecorated and er yer my wedding looming horribly close :o :(

You building on a snow peaked mountain? If so I built on the mountain opposite and below is like creeper ville, there is a cave rammed with them in lol!
Nah mate. It is an area just near spawn close to that huge frog meme display thing :D Someone has a nice Castle nearby and a huge sheep pen so I sometimes hide in there (castle, not the pen) to avoid nasties if I can't get back home.

Soldato
OP
I went on the other night for a bit and tried to go on tonight to realise my minecraft was updated past the server :(

If your client is set to use the latest release of MC, then yeah, as 1.10 is now out and we are on 1.9.4

We won't update until there is a stable spigot build, and our plugins are up to date, but even then I don't think we will update too soon, seeing as 1.9 has only been out 3 months, and the new update offers very little in terms of new stuff. One of their employees even said to not bother updating until 1.14 to get the best out of the upcoming updates. https://twitter.com/SeargeDP/status/738398048062218244 GG Mojang :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Out of interest, what plugins and addons do you use on your server?

GriefPrevention for land claims, Lockette, uHome to set up to 3 homes (more if you donate), TPA to tp to other players (with their permission - no cooldown times for donators), NexusWarps, TreeAssist, Smileychat, Signcolours and coreprotect are the main ones, plus a few background ones like auto-restart etc. :)

Back
Top Bottom