New Monitor For Christmas!

Soldato
Hey, im a bit dud on what to do. Atm, i've got the samsung t220, but for christmas i am getting a new monitor but i dont have a clue on which to buy.
I want somthing bigger than a 22".
Also the res of the screen, atm im on 1680 x 1050
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-031-DE&groupid=17&catid=1425&subcat=
i have been looking at that screen and it looks good. Ive been ceing a lot of good things about the i ps or somthing, its a type on monitor and its great for gaming???
I would like me rez to be bigger than the 1 i have got :)
Budget around £250
Thanks

Associate
Ive been using a 24" Dell Ultrasharp for about 4+ years now and its absolutely fantastic. Runs at 1900x1200 res, has USB and other card ports in the side as a bonus and the picture is perfect. Thoroughly recommend it although its still a little pricey (i think its still over the £400.00 mark). The other non ultrasharp version is probably just as good and would hit your budget ok.

Soldato
OP
thanks for the response, ive been looking at that screen and the hp one aswell, they look fantastic. I could get 1 for christmas but then that means only the screen. If i got a £200 screen i can get my xi fi sound card £100 and my 5.1 head phones 2 £75. But yeah i may keep that in mind.

Soldato
Hi there ben. I think you may been meaning different panel technologies. As you say IPS is the best tech available at the moment. The T220 and the dell you linked to both use TN panels, which are fine for gaming but don't have the image quality and viewing angles of an IPS panel. Here is a good article that explain the differences well.

I usually only recommend non-TN panels to people as I have used TN, S-PVA and IPS extensively and can clearly see the difference in quality. With this in mind, this monitor is the only IPS panel in your price range. As IPS monitors are more expensive than TN ones, you have to pay more to get the same size - but obviously the panel quality is much higher.

The HP LP2275W is another fantastic non-TN 22in monitor, this uses an excellend S-PVA panel technology and costs around £250.

This 23in NEC is arriving soon and uses an IPS panel. NEC make some very nice monitors which are excellent for gaming. However, it is a bit above your budget- though it does use a 1920x1080 resolution and support displayport. If you plan to get this monitor I suggest waiting for some reviews to appear.

Soldato
OP
thank you both for the responses. I really like the hp ips monitor 22" but the res is the same, since i will have the 5870, rather have a more rez, but yeah i may buy the 23" nec. Thanks andi

Back
Top Bottom