New monitor for Destiny 2

Associate
OP
Cheers Ivan,

I have a Samsung TV (ks7500) for the PS4 which is very nice, so sorta leaning that way, only slight niggle is the 980ti with that resolution.

Caporegime
If you generally buy nVidia cards then going Gsync is def the option you need to look at (the AOC 35" for instance is good value). But I gotta say, that LG is a bloody good price and a good fit for your cards performance level :)

Caporegime
Problem with gsync monitors is the price, it's about a £300 premium :(

I know it's not cheap, BUT you also have to factor in how much longer he'd get out of his current/any gfx card. Could get another year+ easily before having to change, which would be a saving in itself (esp the price of decent gfx cards now!)

Associate
If you keep your current card then you won't be forking out more for a new one indeed so get a Gsync monitor even though they are expensive.

They are worth it imo.

Associate
OP
You haven't lived until you've used adaptive sync. I love my 144Hz Gsync monitor and I'm not going back to 60Hz prison.

sprinkles, I've had a few Gsync monitors in the old OC basket only to remove 'em! Honestly don't know what stops me pulling the trigger, dagnabbit :rolleyes:

If you generally buy nVidia cards then going Gsync is def the option you need to look at (the AOC 35" for instance is good value). But I gotta say, that LG is a bloody good price and a good fit for your cards performance level :)

Jedi, think that's the one (AOC) with the big old stand that pushes it too far forward on my skinny desk. Thanks but I ruled that one out. The LG sure is tempting price wise, There's the possibility of a tinge of regret, It not being a much of a step up from what I'm using now.

Associate
OP
If you keep your current card then you won't be forking out more for a new one indeed so get a Gsync monitor even though they are expensive.

They are worth it imo.

Wise, rethink, mull over, scratch head, here I go again

It's something that'll last you 5/6 years+, be sure it's something that really excites you :cool:

Deep down I know you're right! You've seen it first hand I've not.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...e-zeroframe-curved-led-monitor-mo-091-ac.html

Think I could go with this, Best of both worlds... ish, Gsync & super wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
The LG still has £100 off doesn't it?

Consider selling your 980ti if you get the monitor and you like it and by a vega card.

Even a rx 580 will run that monitor very well. I should know as I had both.

How does that sound?

Associate
OP
Lot of money for a 1080p screen though :(

''Tis indeed, exactly the reason I put .... ish !!

The LG still has £100 off doesn't it?

Consider selling your 980ti if you get the monitor and you like it and by a vega card.

Even a rx 580 will run that monitor very well. I should know as I had both.

How does that sound?

That's an idea Davanius, but going through the old auction site rigmarole does my sweed! Cheers for taking the time though.

Soldato
I'd say the LG with the discount code is the best value if you can put up with a bit of backlight bleed and ips glow which you will get on any ips screen.

But of course no gsync.

I think the x34 can be had for around 800 though? Which is gsync and 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom