New mouse recommendation

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new mouse as my logitech pilot optical is past it's best before date now. I've got bigger than average hands and I grasp the mouse with a claw like poise - with my palm hovering over it and basically just the finger tips resting on it (and thumb) :p

So with that in mind what am I best looking at? I've heard the mx518 and G5 are good mice but with what I've said would they be suitable or am I better off going for something like the Razer Lachesis Banshee Blue 4000dpi High?

Soldato
Just bought myself the new MS Sidewinder mouse and I cant be happier with it. I have used the MX518 and the G5 but unfortunently they are too small for my hands :( The feel of the Sidewinder is quite "robotic" and didnt feel natural to me at the start but now all I can really say about it is.......AWESOME!!!

Transmission breaker
Don
I use an MS Wireless laser mouse 6000, and its billiant really nice to hold, and fits my monkey hands quite well :D

You say your hands are quite large though, my right hand span from tip of thumb to tip of little finger is just over 9 inches according to the ruler i have here, but even if your hands are much larger, due to the shape of the mouse, and ergonomic grooves you should be able to use it normally or in claw fashion.

Performance and acccuracy seem absolutely spot on, I use both the wireless 6000 MS keyboard and mouse at home and at work :)

Soldato
Razer Lachesis. This replaced my trusty Microsoft Habu mouse and it's fantastic. Well, imo. :) Very comfy, looks good and very smooth and quick! Works well on my Icemat.

Soldato
I find that the Razer DeathAdder is very nice, but quickly becomes clogged with grease and grubbiness from your hand, thus requiring regular maintenance. At least mine did.

At the moment I'm using a Logitech G9. It's a very nice mouse, but unusual and takes some getting used to, but once you're used to it it's great. ;)

Man of Honour
MX Revolution is definitely one of my better purchases, if it died tomorrow, I'd buy another. Don't know how I did without the media controls on the thumb-wheel, brilliant feature.

Back
Top Bottom