New mouse - suggestions

Associate
I have a G305 which has served me well, it glides like air over the mouse mat and is the perfect size too.

I sold some of my PC parts and considering an upgrade to a G Pro.
I have done some research and they say it's just as good as using a wired mouse.

Does anybody have this mouse, and does it perform well for gaming ?

I don't want a mouse I have to move with my whole hand, just fingers ( if you know what I mean )

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
You want to go with a lightweight mouse then, ideally one that you can fingertip grip. If you head over the RocketJumpNinja he has a mouse search guide based on your hand dimensions etc.

FWIW I have an XM1 and fingertip/claw grip and it's great.

Soldato
I don't own one, but I have used it a fair few times and found it to be really very good. I have very large hands and prefer fingertip/claw grips myself.
I'd probably shortlist it if I was in the market for a new mouse, but as is I'm sticking with my G700S.

EVGA are about to release some new mice, though. Could be worth a look...

Associate
OP
After some research getting the G903 would actually be a downgrade as the performance of both mice is similar ( 1ms )
The G903 is bigger and weighs more. So probably not worth dishing out £80 on a mouse which won't be an upgrade

The only upgrade would be a " G Pro " however it's way too expensive. If I can shift my old RAM in the classifieds of another forum i'll consider it

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I might have to consider a new mouse as the part circled in the picture is ocasionally scratching the mouse pad.
2576f98be95149c49738daf987591c42-Large.jpg

Soldato
Tempting to switch to the Model O Wireless, if you can find one. Supposedly one of the best for wireless and being so lightweight as well, though personally i've always liked mice with abit more weight to them.

Associate
OP
Can you not just give it a rub with a bit of sandpaper until it's clear?

No sandpaper, and not 100% sure it's from that exact part ( i'm just guessing ) It's nothing major but If I can save a few pennies together I may get the Logitech G Pro

To be fair when gaming it's not noticeable. However spending £130 on a mouse is a bit ridiculous

Last edited:
Soldato
I might have to consider a new mouse as the part circled in the picture is ocasionally scratching the mouse pad.
2576f98be95149c49738daf987591c42-Large.jpg

You can't be serious?

You're going to buy a new mouse because a tiny little bit of the underisde is occasionally touching the mouse mat? A problem that could be fixed in about 2 minutes at most?

:D

Associate
OP
You can't be serious?

You're going to buy a new mouse because a tiny little bit of the underisde is occasionally touching the mouse mat? A problem that could be fixed in about 2 minutes at most?

:D

If I could fix it then I won't buy a new mouse. I'm not 100% sure it's the part I circled. It's more an annoyance than anything

How would I sand it down when it's recessed already ?

Soldato
No sandpaper, and not 100% sure it's from that exact part ( i'm just guessing )
Probably either grit stuck somewhere, or perhaps one edge of the skates come loose?

To be fair when gaming it's not noticeable. However spending £130 on a mouse is a bit ridiculous
As someone who usually gets aching hands from having to grip mice that seem built for midgets, a good mouse that fits your hand is worth every penny... doubly so if it has all the buttons and well-implemented features you desire... and trebly so if it has RGB!! :p

How would I sand it down when it's recessed already ?
If it's protruding enough to wreck your mousing surface, it's not recessed enough.
Get a small square of sand paper or emery paper, wrap it around a pencil tip (the rubber end) or something similar, and gently rub away until satisfied.

Associate
OP
I took the mouse feet off, seems to have helped. Im assuming they may have been worn down. I've ordered some PTFE replacements and see if that does the trick

Soldato
I keep reverting back to the G403. Have tried quite a few others but its the only mouse I can use for prolonged periods of time without getting any sort of aching. I have a kind of hybrid claw/palm grip with pretty big hands if that helps for reference

Associate
OP
I keep reverting back to the G403. Have tried quite a few others but its the only mouse I can use for prolonged periods of time without getting any sort of aching. I have a kind of hybrid claw/palm grip with pretty big hands if that helps for reference

After using wireless mice for a few years I don't think I could go back to wired

Back
Top Bottom