New Netflix Series - The Umbrella Academy

Permabanned
"Nobody gives a crap" "May stop watching" ...... righto. :cry:

How is this confusing? I'm not interested in woke content, if future episodes take this further I'll almost certainly stop watching.

I don't want to hear about a characters sexually or gender, It's like good for you, lets move on and literally never discuss that again. lol

Last edited:
Permabanned
How is this confusing? I'm not interested in woke content, if future episodes take this it further I'll almost certainly stop watching.

I don't want to hear about a characters sexually or gender, It's like good for you, lets move on and literally never discuss that again. lol

You don't seem to understand what woke is. Someone being trans or talking about it isn't "woke". Just using it as a catchall for stuff you don't like.

Permabanned
You don't seem to understand what woke is. Someone being trans or talking about it isn't "woke". Just using it as a catchall for stuff you don't like.

Oh, I definitely do understand, maybe you're the one confused if you can't connect these....

Do you know what a woman is by any chance? Joking. :)

Soldato
I have to admit when watching I thought 'I wonder who will make a big deal out of this...' and here it is. Was literally maybe 20 minutes? Spread over a couple of episodes. Involving it, the initial 'This is who I am' and everyone else saying 'Right ok'. But no, that's woke in this day and age lol thought it was handled very well, they addressed the change, end of and i'm on ep 6 atm.

Otherwise enjoying it, quirky as usual but decent storyline and the new Sparrows definitely providing some good interaction.

Associate
Unless it gets a lot of focus in episodes 5 and 6 even 20 minutes is overstating it.

Not that it matters, people will go full mask off at Victor's very existence.

Soldato
lol, people giving out over the trans stuff when the actual actor transitioned during filming. It's so minor. Live and let live, they didn't include it for the sake of it. There's plenty of other relationship story arc in the series with peoples kids showing up out of the blue. Are people going to give out over sex before marriage too :rolleyes: Who gives a ****?

I'm more riled up about Klaus lounging around in his speedos at the hotel, the dude cracks me up, I wish I had the confidence and bohemian vibe to lounge around in speedos.

In fact, who's to say I'm not right now, as I sit in my gamer chair replying ton this thread? Hang on, let me try it....

Oh yeahh...this is nice. Y'all should try it! :D

Oh wait, now my but cheeks are sticking to the chair....:o

Soldato
*Quote Deleted*

There wasn't really an option where the show wouldn't get embroiled in the trans debate. Elliott Page won't play female roles. So they either had to recast Vanya, kill Vanya, or gender-swap Vanya.

Reality is, whichever option they chose, it was going to cause a furore. But I would argue that removing Elliot Page from the show would have made a bigger splash than the low-key gender swap they went with.

If it gets touch on in further episodes I may stop watching...

It doesn't. The show really isn't interested in exploring the trans debate. The characters all have basically the same "So you're Viktor now? Huh..." reaction, if they have any reaction at all.

If people are looking for a show that makes a big a statement about the trans debate, they won't find it here. The show runners seem to have done everything they can to play down the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Enjoyed s3, don't think they could've done the transition any better than they did, the new characters from the Sparrows fitted in well and was nice to see Pogo back but sounded like they had a new voice actor

Reactions: SPG

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yep, all wrapped but I have questions......

And yes the bohemian confidence of just wearing Speedos is a gift. It can't be worked on or earned.

Soldato
Caporegime
So it's OK for people to be positive about the gender thing but if people don't have the same opinion our posts get deleted?

Welcome to the modern world, 1984 was meant to be a warning not a manual. Sigh.

Seasons boring, stopped watching it. No context at all, totally uninteresting.

Associate
So it's OK for people to be positive about the gender thing but if people don't have the same opinion our posts get deleted?

Unsurprising, sadly.

I'll be giving this a go, it's not been a great show overall but somehow I got into into it. Season 2 was a struggle, if this doesn't grip me fast I shan't bother continuing.

Back
Top Bottom