New non-gaming keyboard

Associate
My son has just decided that I needed to replace my venerable Cherry (non-mechanical) keyboard, so he spilled a cup of squash over it. So, as well as him now being banned from having drinks any where near the computer, I need a new one.

On the plus side, I've been fancying getting a mechanical keyboard for a while and now I have an excuse. The problem seems to be finding a recommendation that fits my relatively simple needs. All the keyboard reviews these days seem to be geared towards "gaming" keyboards, and whilst I do play games (though nothing like I used to now I'm an old) I really don't feel the need to go down that route, and certainly don't want to end up paying extra (or sacrificing quality) for the sake of needless gimics like RGB lighting.

All I want is a plain keyboard - albeit a good one. Something robust and well made.

Mechanical - preferably cherry brown, or similar.
Need a numeric keypad (or ten key if you like)
Don't need media keys (though I'm not averse to them either)
Really don't want RGB lighting
Don't need volume control, don't need macro keys, don't need USB pass through, don't need to be able to program it.
I don't really like the look where the keys jut out from the board - like a load of mushrooms. (example: Logitech K840)
Preferably not ludicrously expensive.
Oh, and whilst I can touch type, nobody else in the house can, so no hacker style blank keys.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Associate
OP
A good start, but it has the same "sprouting mushroom" type keys as the K840. Makes the keyboard look like a piece of rotting wood.

Associate
I've got the iKBC F108 and would recommend it.
Only available on OCUK with red switches, but I have both red and brown switched keyboards and the difference is pretty minimal

Not flashy in any way
It is RGB (most keyboards at this price point do), but it's all controlled in keyboard with no additional software needed and can be entirely switched off.
Bottom of the keys sit flush with the body - no 'mushrooming'

Only downside for you I'd say is the key lettering is transparent, so if you're not using the back lighting then the letters are pretty dull if you have to stare at the keyboard to find the key you want

Back
Top Bottom