New OCUK Computer not working. Already been RMA'd

Associate
Hi all. Looking for some help with my new system. I recently bought a Titan Falcon Gaming PC with the following Specs:

ASUS B350-PLUS MOBO
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
16GB RAM
Powercolor AMD Radeon RX580

I keep getting freezing and crashing when playing or trying to start games. The freezing always occurs on a games first start up then it either allows me to kill the process or restart my PC all together. I then run the game again and it either runs fine or does the same again. Some games run normally and some won't run at all. ARMA 3 for example will either freeze or restart my computer as soon as the main menu appears. If I'm lucky it'll let me play it after a couple attempts. World of warships has been running for a week fine and now freezes on the main screen to the point where i have to hit thew reset button. Total War: Warhammer crashes during the start of some cut screens when starting a new game.

I have already RMA'd the system and they ran banchmarks on the system. They messaged me to say they couldn't find any fault and asked how to make the system crash. I told them it crashes using nearly every game and it's pretty much random. I then received an e-mail stating the computer had been fixed and was on it's way back to me. I've been running it for the past week now with the same random crashes.

I'm at the end of my tether with it. I've paid £1,300 for a product i can't use. Can anyone shed some light as to where this might be going wrong?

I've tried several different graphics drivers and the bios is up to date.

Thanks,
Del

Last edited:
Soldato
What ram is installed on it ? Only quick one I can think of the top of my head. Also worth reading it happening. Try for a while today and record everytime your about to launch a game

More proof you have the better

Soldato
You can try Memtest 86. I had a very similar system but with a Asus strix B350 board, mine was constantly rebooting it turned out to be the VRM on the B350 board as they are terrible and constantly overheat. I got a Z370 board it fixed all my problems

Associate
Funnily enough, I recently purchased a Powercolor Devil RX 580 8GB from OCUK as there was a deal, and ive been having issues with games crashing even at stock speeds.

I mainly play PUBG and was getting flickering textures and random crashes with the Red Devil RX 580 but no issue with my 1080 ti or 1060 6gb.

Have tried the card in both of my gaming systems and the problem carries itself across with the card so I'm in the process of RMA'ing it now...

Noticed it also mainly sits 20-30mhz below it's advertised boost block even though both gpu and system temps seem fine. Both PSUs are overkill so no issues there.

Wondering if it's a bad batch of cards or something?

I'm in the process of RMA'ing it now so will see what happens. Hopefully I get a working replacement, but if not I may just put a bit extra towards a 1070 ti when they arrive.

Soldato
Funnily enough, I recently purchased a Powercolor Devil RX 580 8GB from OCUK as there was a deal, and ive been having issues with games crashing even at stock speeds.

I mainly play PUBG and was getting flickering textures and random crashes with the Red Devil RX 580 but no issue with my 1080 ti or 1060 6gb.

Have tried the card in both of my gaming systems and the problem carries itself across with the card so I'm in the process of RMA'ing it now...

Noticed it also mainly sits 20-30mhz below it's advertised boost block even though both gpu and system temps seem fine. Both PSUs are overkill so no issues there.

Wondering if it's a bad batch of cards or something?

I'm in the process of RMA'ing it now so will see what happens. Hopefully I get a working replacement, but if not I may just put a bit extra towards a 1070 ti when they arrive.

might be like Aorus XTR, due to it being the onl two cards with 6+8 pin. had to go into wattman and change the power settings

Associate
Unfortunately this sort of issue can be very difficult to track down, because games tend to just push everything to the limit and they do it all at once, so it could be almost anything. The average person doesn't have the resources to test something like that, but a technical dept does ( have the ability to swap out graphics cards, ram and so on ) . Running an benchmark means diddly, frankly. If the PC is running as provided ( in other words you haven't changed anything in the BIOS ) then I would take a video of it crashing and send that to OCUK and say "look, guys, fix it!", because it's obviously not fit for purpose, and a lot of stress and worry for you to go through this. You shouldn't have to suffer this with a new product. I am sure, in fact, that OCUK would agree with me on all of this, but also you need to show them how bad it really is. You have to prove it to them and video is a great way of doing that.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom