1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New OCUK Website?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by End Creditz, 13 Oct 2021.

1. End Creditz

Wise Guy

Getting a little frustrated as after seeing the security breech last night and then finding a "new" site which shows up on Firefox with store at the start and then looking on chrome and finding the original site and address.
    So which is it? I'd obviously like to reset my password but which site do I trust?

Timing of a new site seems a bit off if you're visiting off the back of a hack.

Edit: and then it says to complete a captcha and no captcha is visible.

2. throwaway4372

Gangster

what security breach?

3. End Creditz

Wise Guy

They closed access to the members market last night because of it and had a big bar at the top of the forums if you were looking for the market.

4. Lysander

Capodecina

Just wait for the massive OCUK source code leak and user account dump, including all the media from the top secret pr0n subforum, coming soon to a 4chan board near you.

5. throwaway4372

Gangster

Looks like they're doing something to it right now, seeing a different thing each time I view it.

6. End Creditz

Wise Guy

I'm not massively worried as my credit card was out of date and I hadn't bought anything since before it expired so that's ok.

7. dLockers

Sgarrista

I appreciate the mods for acting quick on the 'breach' but binning each thread related to it is not helping.

It wasn't OCUK that was breached, just some specific members with insecure passwords and then OCUK was targeted as the latest wave of scammers have determined forum folk to be way more trustworthy than they should be.

Both store URLs work, look up the post by Gibbo. Change both passwords, simples.

8. End Creditz

Wise Guy

I was looking for an announcement thread but didn't see it very prominently or I'd not have started this thread.

9. lookitsjonno

Mobster

So has our data been breached or not

10. visibleman

Wise Guy

Didn't know it happened. So only a few OcUK website (i assume not the forum) accounts were accessed (bruteforced/sprayed) and nothing else was touched or breached?

Forum search is failing me; have you got a link?

11. dLockers

Sgarrista

No

A few accounts of individuals who use the same ID/Password on some other website have been 'breached' and those credentials have been tried on many websites including ocuk.

This is why it is critical to use a different password per website.

12. Blackjack Davy

Soldato

Is anyone else having trouble with payment options? Can't seem to get anything on amazon pay and trying to use paypal just goes to

OH! SOMETHING WENT WRONG.
    Error:
    no payment method selected

tried two different browsers just the same. No trouble at other sites I can't mention.

edit: ok chrome takes me to the old site and I guess payment has been disabled? Waterfox takes me to the new site and wants a password reset.

Last edited: 14 Oct 2021
  13. Malevolence

Capodecina

I just want to know when the shop will be opening to the public again.

14. LuckyBenski

Soldato

So how DO we access the new shop on Chrome? I can't.

15. Feek

Commissario

Not only this, there is an option to enable 2FA on your OcUK account and I strongly encourage every single member to use it. Don't pick email, go for a code via app.

[​IMG]

16. dLockers

Sgarrista

:rolleyes: this is why forums shouldn't have shops.

17. subbytna

Capodecina

Laptop shows the new website, desktop shows the old style one. Whats going on?

18. dLockers

Sgarrista

A/B Testing

19. Blackjack Davy

Soldato

Depends on your browser I think? Chrome takes me to the old site waterfox(firefox?) takes me to the new one. Desktop. Keeps logging me out though and I can't find where to link my forum account.

Last edited: 14 Oct 2021