New Office Planning & Cable Management

DHR

DHR

Soldato
So I've got a new office room, a blank canvas! I'm likely to go down the IKEA hack route but haven't firmed up selections yet, what I do know is that I'll be wall mounting a monitor and want the cables hidden away.

I've done this a couple of times with TVs but that's felt much simpler for two reasons:

• Before I've done straight runs from TV to amp / kit, it feels a little more difficult given that the PC is going to be offset from the screen.

• I've only ever done this with stud walls and dot & dab walls with a fair amount of distance between the brick and board, this time I'll be facing the outside wall of the house so presumably a small void then block.

Channeling is obviously an option, I'm tempted to go down the brush box route with one above the desk and one below then cable manage under the desk. I do want a tidy solution for a desk mounted HDMI plate and a power socket too for plugging in mobile or project gear.

I'm just curious as to whether anyone has done this and maybe approached it differently?

Back
Top Bottom