• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New or buy from MM

Associate
Dilemma! I want to crossfire my setup so....should I buy a 5850 1GB Toxic new for £90 or buy a 5850 2GB Toxic from MM for £80?

Associate
OP
Cheers guys. Was tempted by the 2GB model but you've tipped me the other way so I think I'll go for peace of mind and go for the new one with warranty. I mean, what's £10 eh? (It's actually £80 plus £7 p+p which is even better!) :)

Associate
You need 12gb of VRAM nowadays to load up google chrome. Any less just isn't futureproof. ;)

On a serious note, I wish I could see the MM. How many posts do I need again?

Access to the Members Market forum requires two things. Firstly, you will need to have over 1000 posts and have been signed up for at least 180 days. Please note that this does not mean you spam the forums simply to increase your posts, as this action will result in posts being deducted, and if you continue this behaviour, your account will eventually be banned/suspended. Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts.

Permabanned
Thank you very much
g.gif

Associate
Access to the Members Market forum requires two things. Firstly, you will need to have over 1000 posts and have been signed up for at least 180 days. Please note that this does not mean you spam the forums simply to increase your posts, as this action will result in posts being deducted, and if you continue this behaviour, your account will eventually be banned/suspended. Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts.

Cheers for that my fellow Loiner.

I won't spam to get posts, rather than hope to gradually get there slowly. I should have stopped lurking sooner and then I would have had more.

On topic.

I would recommend selling your card and get a 6950 2gb,if you want to sell your card and buy that. Then you benefit from a better card and more RAM too. They can be picked up for £160 ish or less secondhand. I can highly recommend the twinfrozr 3 for performance and quietness.

Vir

Vir

Associate
Isn't getting rid of the one you have and getting a new single faster card a better solution? :) less heath, no xfire problems... faster?

Back
Top Bottom