New Orange Contract SIM in old Orange phone?

daz

daz

Soldato
Wasn't getting on with my Samsung FZ210, so popped my SIM in my old Orange SPV C500. Phone calls work fine, but when sending a text I get the following error: "sms message has not been sent because the SIM is not valid". Now after searching Google, the modaco forums seem to suggest that it's because the SIM is a recent 3G SIM, and the phone doesn't like that. (http://www.modaco.com/content/typho...m/253623/spv-c500-and-orange-simcard-problem/)

Following the advice in that thread, i gave Orange a call to ask about getting a replacement SIM, and they won't. Apparently they can't send out a replacement SIM because there's nothing wrong with my Samsung phone and nothing actually "wrong" with my SIM. Yet all I want to do is be able to use my Orange SIM in my old Orange phone... I don't understand the problem. I even offered to pay for a replacement SIM but they wouldn't do it... is this standard?

Associate
I'm guessing that it probably is. Your contract is for the Samsung. Any support is for the Samsung and as such yes I would say it probably is.

Best bet if you don't like the Samsung would probably be to sell it on ebay then buy a 3G phone that you do like.

Back
Top Bottom