New parts, no display

Soldato
After ringing round and not finding anyone with a AMD chip already in use, I just had to buy this. It's being delivered tomorrow, so hopefully it's all plain sailing after this arrived and I have my first pc build that I did up and running. Thanks a lot for all your help Journey!

Good luck, hope it all works once you've managed to update the BIOS. :)

Associate
OP
Ah, good luck then. :)
Uhh, well, I updated the bios, switched it all back on, got a display, then I was just sorting windows out, downloading the file from Microsoft, burning it etc. I just put my usb in to do it, restarted my pc, and all of a sudden it just loads straight through and everything from my old pc is here? Aren't you supposed to reinstall windows after a new MOBO/CPU install? It wasn't doing it before, just going to the bios, now it's just gone straight through, with no installation of windows lol.
I assume it's because windows was still on my SSD, but I didn't think it worked like this?
Oh well, happy days I guess lol. I'll reinstall windows just because I want a fresh start, but it's a lot easier from this position!

Associate
OP
Excellent to hear.

Windows 10 is a lot more resilient to being switched from one platform to another, and supports quite a lot of hardware in its basic form. :)
Cool. Well I'm resetting it now anyway, just so I don't encounter any potential problems, and I'd like it all to be fresh anyway. Just gotta head to work now, come back and continue installing. Looks like I'm all set! What a great feeling building my first pc!

Soldato
You need to go into the bios at start up(start pressing delete as soon as you hit the power button), need to change the boot order to the usb(if you’re wanting to install windows)..

Back
Top Bottom