New pc advice

Associate
Associate
The Intel one will be better for gaming but it seems to be a bit overpriced, even for a pre-built system.

You could ask OCUK to build a pc for you from a list of parts for a small fee, around £100 i think.

Something like this will match the intel pre-built pc you have linked:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,894.83 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Soldato
hi I was looking for some advice on a new pc I have my own that I built but I can be bothered upgrading or building again.
I’d rather just buy a full new pc from overclockers I want a really good gaming pc here are two I looked at one amd one is intel or if anyone has better options please thank you guys for any help

1. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-pc-intel-core-i7-8700k-4.9ghz-fs-1bw-og.html

2. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/tita...eadripper-1920x-12-core-fs-1bq-og.html#t=d1g-

whats your monitor res/hz and avoid thread ripper for pure gaming

@NovaKill4 is a solid build for the money, performance and style you might of been looking at. Board and Mobo are UK RMA based

would setup PSU if you've got the cash at a little extra case and with case, Anetc has HDMI port on the front of the case, Aorus card has internal HMDI cable that means you can plug VR headsets into the front of the case with ease etc :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £202.58 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

OCUK can build that list for you , about £70 onwards a believe based on how well you want it clocked and built (cables etc)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys I’ll be getting a new monitor aswell most likely I’ll have a look at my current system an get back to you thanks again

Soldato
the P110 is excellent for people who are interested in VR - makes setting up the VR so quick and easy - plug all the cables in the front instead of having to fiddle at the rear of your case.

Why wouldn't you pick the P110?

Associate
OP
Also I’ve always had amd because it was just cheaper for my budget but now I’m able to spend more I was wondering about intel.
I see these chips have like lots of different variances like coffee lake kaby lake sky lake an all sorts what’s the difference as I would really want the best one I can get if possible.
I’ve always just assumed the ghz of the chip is best like one that’s 5ghz is better than a 4ghz chip am I right or just not educated enough on intel.

Also is this worth the money?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-pc-intel-core-i7-8086k-5.0ghz-fs-1cv-og.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Also I’ve always had amd because it was just cheaper for my budget but now I’m able to spend more I was wondering about intel.
I see these chips have like lots of different variances like coffee lake an all sorts what’s the difference as I would really want the best one I can get if possible

intel will always give the max FPS, due to clock speed and IPC but at 1440p + resolutions the lead is cut down. Intel prices are also going UP and UP and 9th gen 8 core release with expensive Z370 boards ( z370 not EOL) will increase pricing as everything will be in short supply .

ryzen does look extremely attractive

Back
Top Bottom