New Pc Build/ £1500 budget

Associate
Hello, I'm trying to build a new pc but unsure about parts I need in terms of compatibility. I currently have a GTX 960 graphics card and a i5 6600k CPU and want to make a build that will be able to use an RTX graphics card (was planning on a RTX 3070 but due to availability am willing to go for a different RTX card). I want to do this on a budget of about £1500 but am willing to stretch the budget a little for what I need. CPU has to be better as well and I want to build it so it can run newer games on ultra to high settings. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Associate
Hi JH the Pros will be along shortly. Building your own PC is awesome.

What parts can you reuse? PSU, case, Windows 10? Monitor? Keyboard, mouse? Monitor? Which games? Are you gaming at 1080p?

Associate
OP
Hi JH the Pros will be along shortly. Building your own PC is awesome.

What parts can you reuse? PSU, case, Windows 10? Monitor? Keyboard, mouse? Monitor? Which games? Are you gaming at 1080p?
Hi thank you for replying. I'm reusing my monitor, mouse and keyboard and possibly my ssd but apart from that it's a full rebuild. I want to preferably pay cyberpunk on high or ultra settings and my pc can do 1080p but on poor graphics settings.

Associate
Howdy I am sure the Pros will be along soon - they have a lie in sometimes!

Can you reuse your PC case, PSU (if yes what wattage is it?), OS (Windows)? Do you have sticks of DDR4?

Looking at the recommended system requirements for Cyberpunk
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...issue/1556/cyberpunk-2077-system-requirements

The game likes 16GB ram
An i7 or modest AMD chip; your i5 is not too shabby in comparison to these.
A graphics card with 6GB+ VRAM

So the good news is this is achievable.

Your CPU is a good one.

Have you considered adding 16GB RAM and just an new graphics card?

Associate
OP
Howdy I am sure the Pros will be along soon - they have a lie in sometimes!

Can you reuse your PC case, PSU (if yes what wattage is it?), OS (Windows)? Do you have sticks of DDR4?

Looking at the recommended system requirements for Cyberpunk
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...issue/1556/cyberpunk-2077-system-requirements

The game likes 16GB ram
An i7 or modest AMD chip; your i5 is not too shabby in comparison to these.
A graphics card with 6GB+ VRAM

So the good news is this is achievable.

Your CPU is a good one.

Have you considered adding 16GB RAM and just an new graphics card?

I have a micro ATX build so reusing the case would be highly unlikely if I wanted a new CPU, I already have 16gb of ram but uses a ddr3 port but for a new CPU I will most likely need a ddr4. I considered just the new graphics card but found out what I already have won't work with it. I was thinking of getting a i9-900k processor but not sure if there are any better cheaper alternatives and most of the i7s are not much better than what I already have.

Back
Top Bottom