New PC Build £3500 Budget

Caporegime
Ryzen CPUs have more cores than the 7700K for example hence the reason why I suggested it, It might last longer as games get more complex and developers take advantage of the Ryzen Architecture, as for HDDS with such a large budget you can go all solid state, I know I would if I could afford to.

Caporegime
That would work but there are a lot of expensive items where you can save money.

Although is it really worth paying that much for a CPU, why not just take the chance on a normal one and hope you get a nice OC anyway, 4.8Ghz is common for a 7700K.

But these m.2 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...-3.0-x4-nvme-solid-state-drive-hd-22i-sa.html

PSU is OTT, 750/850W would be ample to even add a 2nd GFX card.

But ultimately if you had bought that lot it would have worked and made a fantastic setup.

Associate
OP
Ah... those SSD's look fab. Didn't see them. Thanks...changing my thoughts as we speak. :)

So 850W could cope with SLI 1080Ti if I decide to get another in the future?

Soldato
i chose ryzen as it seems to be the way forward with them all pretty much having more cores and fairly matched with intel at a lower price and i went with the 1080ti as putting a 1080 wouldve been stupid even next to stulids build, plus a titan is too much with hardly much offer over the ti and while i guess i could agree on an all SSD setup, you cant get 5-10tb in that format and having 6tb hdd is enough storage to last you for a few years which is why i put one in. theres a reason they make 5-10tb hdds and not ssd.

Soldato
I have something like this and its been very good:
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,970.76
(includes shipping: £15.90)

Did not add a GPU as I dont know anything about the NVidia ones and the new AMD high end is not out yet(I have a FuryX). I went for G.Skill's Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14 RAM as it works well with Ryzen but OCUK dont sell it. The cooler needs a AM4 bracket but they are available now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom