New PC Build - Spec Check

Associate
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my current system, which seems to be struggling with running CSGO, chrome and discord at the same time:

i5 3570k
ASUS P8Z77-V LX
8GB Ram (not sure what it is)
GTX970

At the moment I'm looking at this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,324.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

I mainly play FPS (CSGO) and have a 1440p monitor at 144hz

The main question I have is should I ditch the GPU and stick with the 970 until the new cards are realeased?

I've mainly gone for Bequiet parts based on noise and looks. Selected the Pro Carbon for WIFI versatility.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Soldato
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my current system, which seems to be struggling with running CSGO, chrome and discord at the same time:

i5 3570k
ASUS P8Z77-V LX
8GB Ram (not sure what it is)
GTX970

At the moment I'm looking at this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,324.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)

I mainly play FPS (CSGO) and have a 1440p monitor at 144hz

The main question I have is should I ditch the GPU and stick with the 970 until the new cards are realeased?

I've mainly gone for Bequiet parts based on noise and looks. Selected the Pro Carbon for WIFI versatility.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

£10 more

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1b3-gi.html

better customer service from Gigabyte with RMA

7yr warranty vs 5 and fully modular

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitf...plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-22b-bx.html

@Plec has that case !

guessing your monitor is G-Sync

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Excellent, I'll save a few pennies for now then. Thank you very much for your help orbitalwalsh!

that case and cooler is very quiet !
would say upgrade ram and see how you get on .
Before pulling triggers, see your CPU/RAM and GPU useage percentage when your doing everything on the go . If your getting tearing on the screen- most likely due to no sync tech and faster ram rates then monitor can handle or big dips

Associate
OP
Ah sorry the saving pennies was directed at ditching the GPU for now and sticking with the 970. My system is having all kinds of issues like BSD and losing SSDs randomly, I'd like to be shot of these headaches especially when working from home on it :)

So will buy the rest this afternoon.

Soldato
Ah sorry the saving pennies was directed at ditching the GPU for now and sticking with the 970. My system is having all kinds of issues like BSD and losing SSDs randomly, I'd like to be shot of these headaches especially when working from home on it :)

So will buy the rest this afternoon.

sink a little more into PSU

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seas...w-80-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-06y-ss.html

same as corsair are very quiet but with Corona Virus, they have been hit hard with PSU manufacture

Associate
OP
Order has just gone in thanks. I splurged a bit on the PSU and got a platinum modular be quiet, I know the warranty isn't as good and it's more expensive but sub 20db at full load plus I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm a sucker for matching things... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Order has just gone in thanks. I splurged a bit on the PSU and got a platinum modular be quiet, I know the warranty isn't as good and it's more expensive but sub 20db at full load plus I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm a sucker for matching things... :rolleyes:

I have their Flagship . Most like Corsair have Zero RPM at lower loads but Silent Wing Fans are very quiet ! although check length of the unit as it would be a little long for that BASE 500

Back
Top Bottom