New PC Build - Specific Games

BS_

BS_

Associate
Hi All,

I'm tasked with building a PC with a nephew, and he's given a few games which he'd like to be able to play on it.

Building PCs certainly isn't new to me, but my gaming experience is limited to Command and Conquer from the late 1990s / early 2000s!

The games he's looking at being able to play are:
  • Fortnite Battle Royal
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2
  • Call of Duty Black Ops (current, and the new one due out this year?)
  • Rocket League
He already has a monitor / keyboard / mouse etc, so it is just the base unit that is required.

He has around £600, he will be more than happy to have some change, a little less happy to wait and save up a bit more. Either way, the figure is fairly flexible.

With this in mind, do you have any advice in what components we should be looking at? Specific graphics cards to be going for / what to avoid etc.

Or if someone has recently done a build that would suit these games and can share the spec, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
@BS_

Tad over and should just squeeze OS and all those Games into SSD for fast loading... Might need HDD in future
Should play High/med settings 1080p 60fps just fine . 4 cores and 8 threads

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £635.45 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

BS_

BS_

Associate
OP

Thanks for the recommendations - it's not too far out of budget so should be good.

How are the Ryzen CPUs? I looked into them last year for a machine of mine but there were issues on Linux (gcc etc) - certainly not an issue for this machine as it will be Windows, but just curious.

Thanks again!

Soldato
Thanks for the recommendations - it's not too far out of budget so should be good.

How are the Ryzen CPUs? I looked into them last year for a machine of mine but there were issues on Linux (gcc etc) - certainly not an issue for this machine as it will be Windows, but just curious.

Thanks again!

A lot better thanks to micro codes for the CPU and BIOS updates to get a lot of ram kits compatible from the get go and higher speeds :)

Back
Top Bottom