New Pc build Specs welcome

Associate
Looking to build a pc for a friend.

He has £1500 to spend but requires everything, ie monitor, speakers, Printer etc

It will be used for everything really so looking for the best system for the money.
Hope someone can be bothered specing, at the very least it's better to have second opinions to show him. :D

Thanks guys :D

Associate
OP
yeah he needs an os, I would assume win 7 pre-order and use the RC mean time (have got it downloaded). And min size on the screen is 24" but if budget allows I suppose bigger the better.

In terms of usage, it will be used for games, some photoshop work and general internet surfing etc. Can't think of anything else he would use. He did also specify the printer was important although no need for a industrial size photocopier thing.

Permabanned
Ive come up with this i5 option, imo youre best going either i5 or AM3, for the AM3 option simply swap out the CPU and mobo in this build for the 955BE and asus crosshair formula mobo, the rest stays the same. No gfx card included as Id recomend one of the new 5870s (out tomorrow), the case I included is nice and quiet. If you dont want to spend the premium on a new 5870 then a 4890 will do and still play all current games at max, the 5870 adds that future proofing for games out in next couple of years, lol

b-1.jpg

Edit: Ive copied this form a similar spec me, doesnt have speakers etc, but you can add them yourself, this gives you a good base

Back
Top Bottom