New pc build to suit streaming to you tube and gaming walkthroughs

Associate
Hi there,

I would much appreciate it if anyone can help me with a hardware list so as I can build a pc for my son.

He wants to create a gaming channel on YouTube consisting of streaming and walkthroughs.

With a Budget of 2k or more in order to be as professional as possible.

If it's a bit dearer and quicker to buy a ready made setup then that's fine or can build.

Thanks in advance!

No sorry forgot to mention that he already has the two monitors mouse and keyboard

Just needs a mic, green screen, and I think he may need relevant software along with windows.

I am amazed at how fast you came back with this and very thankful.
In your mind will this setup be powerful enough to run the streams without any lag ?
I know that internet speed is massive where speed is but I want to rule out any lag on the hardware side of things?

An absolute wealth of information thanks ever so much! .... I'm sure my son will be just as excited as me to build
You're welcome. I'd recommend waiting for some more replies and researching the streaming gear (headset, microphone, camera) though, just in case you're about to press the buy button :)

how old is your kid and does he really need a £1.5k pc (£2k with the accessories)?
only a significant minority of youtubers make money from their channel...this is moreso if your kid is only starting out
if it's just something for fun, then doesn't really need a lot of money, just a thought

how old is your kid and does he really need a £1.5k pc (£2k with the accessories)?
only a significant minority of youtubers make money from their channel...this is moreso if your kid is only starting out
if it's just something for fun, then doesn't really need a lot of money, just a thought
Thanks for your reply,

Yes he's just starting out and he's 21 so a smaller system maybe more suited. However he does want to do some gaming on it but he already has the latest Xbox.

He’s not a kid he’s an adult then lol.

Why can’t he save and purchase his own rig? He’ll get far more satisfaction doing that than having one bought for him and trying to make it as a streamer or YouTuber. Are you certain this isn’t a ploy to just get a better PC to game on? :p

Last edited:
No he is seriously interested in the you tubing side as well as gaming it's all he talks about. It's definitely not a ploy as he will be building it with me and paying for it. He doesn't know how to put a pc together but he will after I show him and it's a good experience.

However I have told him that majority of you tubers don't make it or any money for that matter. I will put it to him again today as I think a smaller system may as you say be more adequate....young adults eh!

My son just sent me this lol (I think the price of 2k knocked him sick) :-

I just need something as a beginner 1080p I'm going to be playing off the console to make it cheaper for me all I need is something that will run my software and game captures smoothly

Back
Top Bottom