New PC - do I disable the Intel GPU in BIOS?

Caporegime
So after 12 or so years, I'm back with a spangly new gaming computer. At the moment it has come installed with drivers for both the onboard graphics (Intel 630) and the GeForce experience for the nVidia 1070.

Should I go into the BIOS and disabled the onboard graphics and then run DDU to get rid of both sets of drivers so I can install the plain nVidia ones?

What happens if the GPU is faulty in the future, would I still get a picture by using the onboard HDMI connector? Or would it not work if I disabled it?

Caporegime
OP
Thanks. It doesn’t seem to be causing any problems as I’ve just played Alien Isolation and it ran beautifully. So I’ll leave it enabled even if it does gobble up 0.2GB of memory. :D

Soldato
Thanks. It doesn’t seem to be causing any problems as I’ve just played Alien Isolation and it ran beautifully. So I’ll leave it enabled even if it does gobble up 0.2GB of memory. :D

It does help if you want to overclock the chip to death. Wondering if that's why I can't hit 5.2gjz on my i7 8700k

Associate
I leave mine on, as I once had an issue with my GPU and was able to use the motherboard as another means for troubleshooting.

Back
Top Bottom