New PC for Modded Skyrim (Wildlander), Single player RPG, VR and MS Flight Sim

Associate
Thanks - yep that’s really helpful and I’d only consider the 12gb now I think. Hadn’t realised it had more shaders though! Bonus. What does the OEM version mean?
oem version means you get the 12600k in a clear plastic wrap, and that's it...you don't get any of the fancy packaging. Cpu exactly the same otherwise...guess it's what they send to pc manufacturers that don't need all the packaging

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £549.98 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

no diff between then otherwise​

Associate
Don't know if you mentioned it, but as the link makes clear, oem cpus have no warranty with Intel and is usually only 1 year. I suspect that the 3 year might be a copy and paste error.
The warranty would be with OCuk then, just as if you bought a pc from Dell and it failed, the warranty is with them.. If ocuk are selling oem cpu, they are taking responsibility and would price accordingly.. Thinking failure rate would be minimum

Associate
OP
Back in stock! Had looked at the 3080 12gb from Inno3D which OC have at 799 but I just think the 6800 xt is better value for a c3% performance hit according to tech power up. Turns out my monitor has AMD free sync pro as well so that’s clinched it. Still waiting for my credit card to arrive though

Associate
Back in stock! Had looked at the 3080 12gb from Inno3D which OC have at 799 but I just think the 6800 xt is better value for a c3% performance hit according to tech power up. Turns out my monitor has AMD free sync pro as well so that’s clinched it. Still waiting for my credit card to arrive though
Could always phone up and reserve it if you def going for it...just explain waiting for your card to arrive...

Back
Top Bottom