New PC up to £1000

Associate
I have my rig for about 8 years now (yes, I had to replace some components, like graphic card). I want to build completely new one and doing so I will aim to get components that will last for a long time, would be great if for another 8 years.

The most important for me is motherboard, CPU, good class (preferably air) cooling and power supply.

Then I can save on GPU, RAM (I can get 2 chips)

Finally, I don’t need a case, a monitor, any SSDs or an OS.

I will get to buy in beginning of January so it’s not an immediate thing, I have time to research.

Along the way 2021, 22 or even 2023 I would like to change to 4K (now I still will be running on full HD), then I will buy a new 4K monitor, better video card and 2 more RAM chips. But for now, I would like my Motherboard, CPU and power supply to be ready for 4K and it would be great if I could fit everything in £1000 for now.

Also, I always had Intel and NVidia so, those would be my preferences about components.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Advices about upgrading the PC in the future (2021-2023), when I will have more budget for components, are also welcome.

Soldato
AMD 5800x
MSI B550 Tomahawk
Or ASUS B550 Tuf Gaming
Corsair RM850
Noctua D15

Reuse you current GPU, new GPU (with reasonable price tag) still don’t give reasonable 4K performance so there is no point in even thinking about 4K. If you want a new GPU for 1440p then 6800 or the 3070 will be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom