New PC, What games have I missed in the last 3 years?

Associate
Hi everyone! after 3 years of a rather basic laptop I've finally purchased my new machine. But, what to play on it? I've not brought any new PC games for around 3 years and I'm totally out of touch with what was big and worth playing.

Anything as long as it's not sport/driving based really, I did get Skyrim for the PS3 but never played more than an hour or two, it's just not the same without a mouse so that is already on my list.

Soldato
The Witcher 2, Stalker series, Serious Sam 3, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Battlefield 3, Metro 2033, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Alan Wake, Dear Esther, Mafia 2, both Batman games and so on. Depends on your own preferences.

Soldato
Games (not necessarily new ones) I've really enjoyed in the past year or so and would rate as superb:

Mass Effect 2
The Witcher 1 & 2 (2 is a hard game so don't get frustrated!)
Mount & Blade Warband
Dungeon Siege 3 (why does this get slated? It's quite difficult but epic!)
Skyrim + Mods (SkyUI especially)
Dead Space 1 & 2
Portal 1 & 2
Neverwinter Nights 2
Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Battlefield - Bad Company 2
Deus Ex: HR (apart from the ending)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys, that gives me a nice start! What about Crysis 1/2? (not sure how long they have been out, but I'd read some reviews of them not running so well on older hardware so never got either of them)

Console games, I really don't have many, mainly the console is used for Fifa when the lads come over. Can't really get use to playing any shooting games/rpg on the console so I've never bothered to buy them.

I also notice that Diablo 3 is out next month, may need some holiday off work for all this.

Associate
I definitely recommend Portal 2. Well acted and well written.

Only other game I've been playing lately is FIFA 12 but I see you have it already on console.

If you want, Xbox controllers work with PC and it looks much much better on PC.

Soldato
Thanks guys, that gives me a nice start! What about Crysis 1/2? (not sure how long they have been out, but I'd read some reviews of them not running so well on older hardware so never got either of them)

Console games, I really don't have many, mainly the console is used for Fifa when the lads come over. Can't really get use to playing any shooting games/rpg on the console so I've never bothered to buy them.

I also notice that Diablo 3 is out next month, may need some holiday off work for all this.

Crysis 1 and 2 are good game too. :)

Associate
OP
If you like turn based Strategy try Civ V as well, fantastic game.

I love turn based strat, and I did actually buy and play Civ5...with everything turned down to a min and a small map is did play on my laptop, however I really must revisit Civ5 in all it's glory! did they ever release any expansions for it?

Associate
Before I bought the parts to build my PC last Summer, I already bought many games on Steam. One that really stands out to me is Mount & Blade: Warband. It's so much fun and every time I quit it, I want to go back to it. It's worth however much it is.

Also: Mass Effect 1 and 2. I've yet to play the 3rd one. Will soon though :D.

Soldato
Crysis 2
Warhammer: Dawn Of War II
Dragon Age I + Expansion
Battlefield 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum

I also enjoyed the single player campaign for COD4:Black Ops.

Back
Top Bottom