New Porcupine Tree album teaser up

Soldato
http://www.myspace.com/porcupinetree

I'm absolutely loving how this album sounds! It's definately sounding like the heaviest PT album yet, with some 7 string/Low B riffing in there, I simply can't wait. It sounds tight, melodic and producued masterfully even from these little clips.

I went to see them with a bandmate when they were doing the small tour to demo this new material to see how the fans received it, it's strange how much of it comes back listening to these clips.

The next couple of months are shaping up to me awesome music wise, new Porcupine Tree, Marillion, Rush and Dream Theater albums, :D!!!!

Soldato
It's weird, I heard nothing but good things about these guys and by all accounts they sounded right up my musical street, but I just couldn't get on with them.

They were on the right track in a way, but it came out in a hard to describe hollow way that I found almost poppy, for want of a better word.

Still, glad to see people getting excited about bands that are doing something different at least.

Associate
I know this may be obvious, but I didn't realise this until yesterday. :o

If you click 'Download' on the MySpace player the teaser plays in Windows Media Player and it's MUCH better quality than listening to it on the MySpace profile.

Associate
Yep definatly looking forward to this. Mainly for the production quality :D It's gotta be good!

Haven't read anything about it though. Is there any info on it? Any cameo's from other artist's like on deadwing?

Associate
Porcupine Tree frontman Steven Wilson is putting the finishing touches on Porcupine Tree's new album Fear of a Blank Planet this week at Galaxy Studios in Belgium. Set for release April 24 on Atlantic Records, the album is the band's most ambitious and cohesive work to date. Much of it was debuted last November to enthusiastic fan response on Porcupine Tree's sold-out U.S. tour.

The album title is a reference to the lyrical content of the song-cycle on the album: a 21st century cocktail of MTV, sex, prescription drugs, video games, the internet, terminal boredom, and subsequent escape. The title track, propelled by a nervous, jittery energy, sums up many of the album's themes: "Xbox is a god to me. Finger on the switch/ my mother is a bitch/ my father gave up ever trying to talk to me."

Fans of Porcupine Tree will not have to wait until April to get their next Steven Wilson fix, however. On March 6, Atlantic Records will release the self-titled Blackfield II, the latest opus by Wilson and Israeli singer-songwriter Aviv Geffen. Porcupine Tree's first ever concert DVD, Arriving Somewhere..., is also available in stores now

As previously reported, guitar legends Alex Lifeson (RUSH) and Robert Fripp (KING CRIMSON) are guesting on PORCUPINE TREE's new album Fear Of A Blank Planet, due out through Atlantic Records in North America on April 24th and the 23rd in Europe via Roadrunner. Lifeson appears on the track 'Anesthetize', while Fripp solos on 'Way Out There'. The album will be available in stereo and 5.1 versions in both a 2-disc limited special edition, as well as a DVD-Audio release. The complete tracklisting is as follows: Fear of a Blank Planet' (7.28), 'My Ashes' (5.07), 'Anesthetize' (17.42), 'Sentimental' (5.26), 'Way Out of Here' (7.37), 'Sleep Together' (7.28).

Associate
Well it's less than a week until release date for this album and I'm dead excited! :)

Has everyone who wants it pre-ordered? Good luck if you want the special edition - nearly every shop in the world has sold out of it! it's become a collectors item before it's even been released!

Word of warning to anyone who has pre-ordered the special edition - retailers are now emailing people they are cancelling their orders due to not enough stock, so if you've pre-ordered PLEASE double check your order it on it's way to avoid disappointment!

Can't wait to hear this album! :D

Soldato
I've taken the risk of ordering it from the net but if it doesn't come in the post I will go and buy it in Tescos or somewhere.

Jesus I can't wait for this album. For the first listen I will turn everything off bar the amp and cd player and just sit there in the dark listening to it. No distractions/nothing else etc

Associate
Tommy B said:
I've taken the risk of ordering it from the net but if it doesn't come in the post I will go and buy it in Tescos or somewhere.

Jesus I can't wait for this album. For the first listen I will turn everything off bar the amp and cd player and just sit there in the dark listening to it. No distractions/nothing else etc

Glad you're as excited as me! I don't think I've ever been excited about a CD as much as I am about this one... ever!

Just for info - the special edition won't be available in many shops, literally 2-3 copies per shop... and those will be independent indie ones. If you want the normal version though, you'll be fine. :)

Be sure to post what you think of the album! :D

Soldato
I listened to five minutes of it on their my space and was amazed. I actually turned it off as I didn't want my first listen to be of some god awful 32kbps online recording. I'm really looking forward to this though, in fact I already know it's going to be amazing.

Associate
Tommy B said:
I listened to five minutes of it on their my space and was amazed. I actually turned it off as I didn't want my first listen to be of some god awful 32kbps online recording. I'm really looking forward to this though, in fact I already know it's going to be amazing.

Ya know you can click 'DOWNLOAD' on their MySpace page under the 6 minute sample and listen to it at 192 quality, rather than 32! :)

Enjoy! :)

Soldato
It is an AMAZING album. It is just the perfect nail-on-the-head blend of ambiance and metal. The album covers sums it up perfectly. Interesting lyrics and concepts behind it too.

I wasn't going to, but when I saw it sitting their in the "flac" format I knew I had to.

Still, the CD is coming shortly :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom