New rig £1000

Soldato
WD are good that be why, its why i suggest them for the most part, other than a 320gb 3.5 external i had like 10 years ago that failed, ive had no issues with internal ones, mean 2 of my storage drives are WD, 1tb WDG & 500gb WDB, both 3.5 mechs, i also have a WD800 which is an 80gb drive i recently got used, in fact, my veriton im selling, i purchased a 500gb WD(no colour) to install windows on and given all these are used items they are doing just fine. the newest drive i had before was a 500gb WDB laptop drive, was spot on prior to selling it months later, i have seagate, toshiba, hitachi as my other storage/backup drives.

when the samsungs are too much for a budget then these WD or even the crucials are good alternatives.

Permabanned
I have a WDC WD2500BEVS-22UST0 ATA Device and it's full with errors.
Had to replace it with ST9750420AS ATA Device and runs flawlessly ;)

Soldato
@Blindeagle

You can get 500+ GB imin a standard 2.5" or m.2 SSD for £150 or

258GB in a super fast NVMe m.2 for £140

After you format that driver , you'll lose about 10-20GB for no reason. When you've installed Windows 10 and updated to Fall edition that's 46GB gone but you can delete old versions of Windows updates which will save 13-21GB .
Hope that help :)

If I some how get the time , will see if I can bench Intel's optane SSD Vs a HDD Vs SSD to see if it changes CS:GO gameplay in any way- though chances are bit slim can I'm not able to pick up a pc at the moment :/
And the drive is more then your actual budget haha

Back
Top Bottom