New rig for Battlegrounds in 4K

Soldato
I've been out of PC gaming for about 4 years after being heavily involved since 2000 so I've lost my way a bit. Seems AMD are back on the scene with force!

I can afford to get back into it casually (I already play the PS4 regularly) and a couple of friends playing Battlegrounds has been the tipping point. I've created a system that's an amalgamation of various threads here but just wanted to see if anyone could improve it without going too much over the current total.

As per title I'll be looking to play Battlegrounds on my 4K Sony TV.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,243.40
Thanks in advance!

Soldato
OP
Yeah it's something I can stick in later if I need to, I've got loads of spare SATAs knocking around and I've also got a 500GB SSD in my laptop (recent Samsung Evo self-upgrade) which I may well swap out so the laptop has 250GB instead.

Soldato
OP
Lack of replies compared to others I took to mean the setup was fine as per Dan's comment, so went ahead and ordered except swapped the Corsair PSU for its Gold variation. Hopefully be playing PUBG tomorrow!

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'm sticking to what I know I guess, I've already used that case before at work and it's really nice and since the case'll be in the living room I'm pretty set on that. And I've used loads of those fans at work as well so same reason re: noise and performance.

4K isn't a necessity, I can always drop it to 1080p for performance and the TV should do a decent upscale job.

Back
Top Bottom