New Rig Plan? (C70 - IVB - HD7xxx/8xxx?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi people, I'm pretty new here, but I just wanted to discuss some ideas for a new rig I'm building post-xmas maybe next year. My budget is going to be about £1750... Here is what I've got so far. It's going to be a work/rendering/gaming eyefinity system.

CPU: Intel Core IvyBridge i7 3770k (Maybe overclocking to 4Ghz? :confused:)

MBO: Msi Z77 MPower (black and yellow colour scheme - plus it looks great specs wise!)

RAM: 2 x 8GB Packs of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz Green and Red (black and green colour scheme)

CASE: Corsair C70 Black (black and green colour scheme - also looks sexy as)

PSU: OCZ ZT 750W Modular PSU (black and yellow - sorta goes with MBO)

Storage: 2 x 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD's in RAID 0 (black and green)
2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB (6Gb/s) in RAID 0 (might spray the tops black)

Cooling: Corsair H60i - this appeals to me (already in black c70) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/popup_image.php?prodid=HS-006-CS&imgID=5

Graphics: Thinking of going with single HD 7950 - However if 8000 series is being released in Q1 2013, I may hold back - the 8000 series looks crack-a-lackin'!

Extras:
2 x Xigmatek Crystal 140 Green LED Fans (for the top)
2 x Xigmatek Crystal 120 Green LED Fans (for the front intake)
Asus DVD Drive
AeroCool X Vision Fan Controller
Green LED modding strip (maybe)

Peripherals (Outsourcing - Sorry OcUK, but they are cheaper / available elsewhere)

Logitech G510 - For the gimmicky screen (Sold) and the green backlit keys (Uber Sold). Loads of macros too.

Mionix Mouse - Green, plus looks decent and I'm a fan of Mionix with an Alitoth 320.

Roccat Kave Solid - Sorry but this headset looks too gimmicky to overlook. It looks tankin'. Covered in lights and dials and whatnot.

Active Mini DP adapter - depends on 7000/8000 and connectors available etc.

3 x Acer S240HL 24" LED Monitor - Not 100% sure about these, if someone else can recommend some other 24" monitors between £100 and £130, I'm open to suggestion, but for eyefinity, ideally they need a small bezel - don't care about VESA mounting - not going to bother with a stand.

As you can probably tell, I have a black and green fetish... Please tell me what you think!:p

Permabanned
Just dont bother about colour, get a case which has no window so you wont see anything.... Could get a spray paint and spray components as well... but building parts because of their colour seems absurd to me.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Bitfenix Colossus Venom Green LED Big Tower Windowed Case - Black £119.99
1 x Antec P280 Super Midi Tower Case - Gun Metal Black £84.98
Total : £220.87 (includes shipping : £13.25).

But thats just me, everyone is different.

Hide away stuff in Antec, Bitfenix to me is sexier than c70.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom