New rig randomly reboots into no video/post loop :( Swap PSU or MBD first?

Associate
My new system is only 5 months old, and out of nowhere it starts rebooting into a state where the MDB lights go CPU, DRAM... CPU, DRAM... CPU, DRAM... and then after many tries CPU, DRAM, VGA, BOOT.

Same with multiple GPU's and integrated video. The BIOS is back to defaults with no change. Do you think I should look at swapping PSU or MDB first?

I've never done a component warranty replacement, is that worth the effort to try?

Soldato
Mine does the same thing. It's bizarre, and I can't figure out what the specific problem is. It seems related to fan speed, as it doesn't happen anywhere near as much after I turn my fans up. But all my temps are fairly low even on lower fan speeds...

To get my PC to post again, I need to turn it off and leave it off for about half an hour, or turn it off, pull the 12V motherboard cable, turn it on for a minute, then turn it off and reconnect the 12v motherboard cable, and it then it posts and continues to run normally for days/weeks.

What parts are in your system?

Associate
OP
CPU: i7-8086K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro
MBD: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
PSU: Corsair hx750i
GPU: RTX 2080

I'm sure its a flaky power supply or motherboard but I really don't want to tear my system apart to replace either one. lol Plus I'd have to switch to Z390 since my board is now sold out or over $400 USD.

Sometimes if I get it to boot on integrated I can put my GPU back in and it will boot up and run fine for a couple days.

I guess I'll replace the PSU first since that's only $120 and I can leave my wiring in place since its modular.

Back
Top Bottom