New Router Asus RT-n66u or Netgear R6300

Associate
Hi All

I am in the market for a new Wireless Router for home to replace my aging Belkin, I have narrowed it down to the Asus RT-N66U or the Netgear R6300 both of which look like excellent routers.

It will be connected to a Virgin 120Mb superhub (Modem only) and will have on average 12+ devices running through it, the device uses vary from web browsing tablets to large file transfer over wifi and movie streaming.

Anyone have these devices and have an opinion on good/bad points to take into consideration?

Thanks

Soldato
Got the RT-N66U and love it to bits mate.
Get it upgraded to the latest firmware and you'll experience what smallnetbuilder have classed as the best wireless router ever ;)

Soldato
See this page, the AC66U and R6300 has almost the same specs, but asus has bigger ram memory, it's 256 ram.

Why such an expensive router? AC technology is still draft and there is hardly any AC clients out there at the moment!

You'd be crazy to spend the fortune on these AC routers when a N model will more than do.

Whats wrong with the N66U?- Both myself and a friend have one and we love them to bits. Barring the early (last year) firmwares which were a bit buggy, the RTN66U is an amazing piece of kit, and currently has the best wireless range for any router as reported by smallnetbuilder. Coupled with merlin firmware they offer a stable rock solid level of performance, that will more than do for the majority of home consumers.

Man of Honour
Some people can't see past specs unfortunately.

Also that site linked above isn't exactly full of information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom