• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New RTX 3070 - can’t run ray tracing benchmarks

Associate
Hi, have a strange issue. I upgraded from an RTX 2060 to an ASUS RTX 3070 Dual OC. Installed the latest drivers from Nvidia (they are the correct ones) and all seems to be working fine. Tried a couple games and they worked well. Ran windows update and have latest of everything.

However, I tried running a few ray tracing benchmarks (eg Bright Memory Rat Tracing test in steam and others), and none run. When I click run / lunch on the tests absolutely nothing happens.

any ideas of what might be the issue?

Associate
OP
  • It’s not that the benchmark starts and fails, it literally doesn’t open. If I am in Steam and click launch on the benchmark, absolutely nothing happens. I think it opens a Cisco webex app in the background instead of starting the benchmark or something random

Soldato
Some of those indie benchmarks have issues. Are you able to run 3D Mark rayvtracing tests like port Royal and the dxr feature test or even play any rayvtracing games?

Associate
I’d like to avoid that, as reinstalling windows is a real pain...

If you have a small spare hard drive you could just install a bare win 10 os on that for just diagnosis purposes and keep it for future testing in case you ever needed a spare? A 120gb SSD is about 20 ish quid or so or even just a cheapy second hand one? Could be worth a try

Soldato
I think it's a game and/or driver issue related to DX12. I had that happen to me with The Medium and it took dev patching the game + new drivers for it to work, otherwise it would be a case of 'press run and nothing happens'. Mind you this was on an AMD card too not Nvidia, so that's why I think it's an API related thing somehow.

Soldato
Hi, have a strange issue. I upgraded from an RTX 2060 to an ASUS RTX 3070 Dual OC. Installed the latest drivers from Nvidia (they are the correct ones) and all seems to be working fine. Tried a couple games and they worked well. Ran windows update and have latest of everything.

However, I tried running a few ray tracing benchmarks (eg Bright Memory Rat Tracing test in steam and others), and none run. When I click run / lunch on the tests absolutely nothing happens.

any ideas of what might be the issue?
Have you tried this one, its free?
https://www.cryengine.com/marketplace/product/neon-noir#

Back
Top Bottom