NEW Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe (think SM951 with VNAND & Black PCB) yum!

Soldato
Awesome news :D

So glad I didn't go for the SM951 series, we all knew the consumer versions of these drives, with 5 year+ warranties and higher performance were coming.

The black PCB tops it off - that will look so sexy installed in my Maximus VIII Hero :D

Roll on release date!

Associate
So I just ordered the Samsung SM951 NVMe SSD, I will cancel it now and buy one of these for a boot drive, OVERCLOCKERS GET IT ON PRE ORDER NOW, I WANT IT

Associate
Oh of course just after I buy a SM951 and get it set up.

Not a huge performance benefit so I am not too fussed.. Only difference is the warranty I guess.

Associate
Just a question, will this new SSD have reduced performance when used on a X99 Motherboard, even at PCIE 3.0 x4 as it uses DMI 2.0

Associate
Just a question, will this new SSD have reduced performance when used on a X99 Motherboard, even at PCIE 3.0 x4 as it uses DMI 2.0

My SM951 benches at roughly the speeds it should (I think?) on X99:

YYk3BB8.png

I can't imagine the 950 Evo would suffer much, if at all.

Associate
I know of 2 people with SM951's and both have had to be sent back (mine included). So much so that It's now been stuck in my NUC and running openelec, as I am sick of rebuilding my X99 machine and don't trust it in there.

On the plus side. My NUC is super fast now....... but for how long :)

Soldato
I know of 2 people with SM951's and both have had to be sent back (mine included). So much so that It's now been stuck in my NUC and running openelec, as I am sick of rebuilding my X99 machine and don't trust it in there.

On the plus side. My NUC is super fast now....... but for how long :)

Did you have a problem with you sm951?

Back
Top Bottom