** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

I may well be dipping into the realms of obviousness here, but coming from a setup of 3x 27" monitors that used to allow the most minimal GPU clocks at idle, the upgrade to a 32" G7 and one of the older 27" remaining has increased my idle clockspeeds.

Notably due to the refresh rate being 240 Hz.
I mitigate it using Multi Display Power Saver from NvInspector.
1440p@240Hz + 1440p@144Hz + 1080p@60Hz all work with 2070 Super at idle clocks.

Nvidia need to wake up and understand that there are many people running 144Hz+
Maybe memory at 100MHz is not really enough, but thats no reason to crank it to 1250Hz immediately. There are levels between them.

What cable supports the full res and refresh of 240hz. All the DP cables drop to 60Hz when 4k. Apologies I'm a tech noob
Tecnically all DP cables are the same. Ones marketed as DP 1.4 or 4K 60Hz may be a tad higher quality.
What you need is a videocard that supports that mode. So GPUs with DP 1.4+

Tecnically all DP cables are the same. Ones marketed as DP 1.4 or 4K 60Hz may be a tad higher quality.
What you need is a videocard that supports that mode. So GPUs with DP 1.4+

I got the 2080 graphics card in a laptop. Using a DP 1.4 cable, i will be able to achieve full res of screen and 240hz?

The laptop doesnt have a DP port, it has a thunderbolt so I need an adapter/dock

I purchased the G7 32 inch monitor last Fri from Samsung themselves. It is an N7 and had firmware up to 1.05, I updated to 1.07. So far i have had this monitor switched on everyday and tried about 50 games with it. So far there is no flashing, or other problems which I hope stays that way. I am very impressed with the unit but have not tried HD10 and at the moment I don't have a clue how to set it up but through time I will find out. Here's hoping that things will not change.

Email from OC, mine has been shipped! Woohoo. I pray to the monitor gods, if yee provide me with a perfect product i will willingly and happily sacrifice my mrs. The bonus of that enlightening event would be more game time as well, so win win. :)

Right everyone. I’m seeing no gsync at all with hdr on at 120hz with some games. I can tell it’s not working because the hz stays at 120 in the osd in iracing. In the nvidia pendulum demo it won’t even let me select gsync with HDR on. With HDR off all the pendulum demo is fine. I’ve just downloaded the new nvidia drivers and the same issue. Tell me you all see the same thing? I’m running this on a 1080ti if that makes a difference... seems different cards have different issues.

edit: and today i'm getting rice crispy popping at the extreme left and right back of the screen now and again... ffs!

edit 2: Have tried hdr/gsync with assetto corsa competizione and that works fine i.e. the hz changes with fps. What a mess!

Last edited:
edit: and today i'm getting rice crispy popping at the extreme left and right back of the screen now and again... ffs!

This is concerning to me. I sent 2 CRG49's back because of this, very annoying. Both monitors continually made that sound every 30 seconds, regardless of how long the monitor had been on. I would, will not, stand for that noise!

Expecting my delivery anytime now! Good luck with yours, but others don't have that sound - expanding plastic, resistors? I also had coil whine on one monitor, that went back as well. I want everyhing to be quiet, I pay a premium for that specifically.

This is concerning to me. I sent 2 CRG49's back because of this, very annoying. Both monitors continually made that sound every 30 seconds, regardless of how long the monitor had been on. I would, will not, stand for that noise!

Expecting my delivery anytime now! Good luck with yours, but others don't have that sound - expanding plastic, resistors? I also had coil whine on one monitor, that went back as well. I want everything to be quiet, I pay a premium for that specifically.

I received my N8 from Samsung on the weekend and after a couple of days I also have the popping noise from the bottom left and right while the monitor warms up. Reached out to Samsung to see what say

Wow this is annoying. I was just about to return my N6 because of the popping noise but not sure I will now, it's the only issue I have with it.

It seems to do it less now I've had it nearly 2 weeks, it still makes the noise but not very much and stops after maybe an hour or so of use.

Back
Top Bottom