** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Exactly what I did, I ordered them in 2 sets of 3 then a final 2

All I’m really looking for is a panel with no dead/dodgy pixels. The rest I can live with, get around and they can fix with new updates...but they can’t fix a faulty defect ridden screen full of non working pixels...

Associate
Damn, unfortunately the 27 inch version is now out of stock at the discounted prices that were available and I think the 32 inch, despite still available for just £499, would be too big for my setup. Good luck to those who got one!

Associate
All I’m really looking for is a panel with no dead/dodgy pixels. The rest I can live with, get around and they can fix with new updates...but they can’t fix a faulty defect ridden screen full of non working pixels...

Given the choice l would rather a dead pixel or 2 than awful bleed

Soldato
after a 2 month wait for the LG 38WN95C and just been told of another month wait with no guarantee, i've switched it out for a G9 and 250 quid less with more everything except a thunderbolt port.

Fingers crossed for a decent panel. it will consume my entire desk though.

Associate
I've got a LC49G93TSSUXEN on the way for delivery on Monday. Will report back.
For the sake of 1 dead pixel I would have kept the G95, but everything I've read says it's the same screen and it was cheaper this time round, so let's see. First world problems! :)

Associate
after a 2 month wait for the LG 38WN95C and just been told of another month wait with no guarantee, i've switched it out for a G9 and 250 quid less with more everything except a thunderbolt port.

Fingers crossed for a decent panel. it will consume my entire desk though.

It's funny, I've actually gone back to a 1080p 120Hz TN and I'm enjoying getting half my desk back too and don't miss the G9 as much as I thought I would. On the other hand, there are some games such as No Mans Sky, which I cannot even bring myself to play after seeing them on the 49.

Soldato
It's funny, I've actually gone back to a 1080p 120Hz TN and I'm enjoying getting half my desk back too and don't miss the G9 as much as I thought I would. On the other hand, there are some games such as No Mans Sky, which I cannot even bring myself to play after seeing them on the 49.
I get that. Honestly im super mad that LG couldnt supply a single SKU with more than 10 units before they started taking that panel to an additional 2 SKUs and selling it off to alienware.

if you cant supply panels to your single SKU, why do you think you can increase output to 3 high end high demand SKUs?!?

if samsung did a G8 21:9 version i'd have been all over that! I wish they did!

Associate
Hey guys, just recived my monitor from amazon during black friday. Everything seems to be working fine, not much light bleed, not any flickering really unless i go below 60fps, hardly any heat coming from it. Overall very happy with this. Is HZ on the OCD meant to change at all to show that g-sync is working? Im only on a 1080TI though.

I did try to update it though but Ive only got 1 usb stick that I can find and that doesn't seem to be working quite right. Is it worth it to update, Im currently on 1005.

Associate
I'm in exactly the same position, but they've offered me a code for 70 quid. I don't suppose you have a contact name or case reference that you could pm me?
Thank you!

Sorry for the delay... but no, I just phoned up. Took a couple of goes as I think I woke the first guy up from his nap/smoking session. Second person said it was a goodwill gesture so no admission of wrongdoing. Seems fair enough to me though: you order a thing at price A, send it back because it is faulty for a replacement, you should get a replacement at price A.

If you haven't sorted it out yet the G93 is £1099 on the public/non-discounted store, £70 off that would get it pretty close to the £1023.

Associate
I'm on FW 1009.3 and tested the ROG Wallpapers site. The scanline issue is present with my LC27G75TQSUXEN. Not at my preferred zoom level of 120% though.

It's weird how I can zoom in 10% (or even zoom out) and it completely goes away. I really hope they can fix it in a firmware update.

I set my Windows scaling to 101% and it gets rid of the scanlines on that website. I can still see them faintly on some desktop icons, but I guess it's worth doing if it helps get rid of them entirely on certain websites like that one. Especially since it doesn't make any noticeable difference increasing the scaling up 1%.

Last edited:
Associate

Obviously you need to watch in HD to see the issue. It happens at 100% and 110% zoom levels.

That seems pretty minor to be fair. Others have reported the entire screen dimming, a whine coming from the monitor, and lines appearing in the browser tabs.

It's strange how zoom level affects it. I've seen people say reducing the contrast or sharpness to very low levels through the OSD will also prevent it. Also increasing the black stabiliser to 18 or higher works for some. Hopefully it is some firmware glitch they can iron out.

Associate
That seems pretty minor to be fair. Others have reported the entire screen dimming, a whine coming from the monitor, and lines appearing in the browser tabs.

It's strange how zoom level affects it. I've seen people say reducing the contrast or sharpness to very low levels through the OSD will also prevent it. Also increasing the black stabiliser to 18 or higher works for some. Hopefully it is some firmware glitch they can iron out.
The screen does dim if there is bright content displayed on it in the first place... not if it's fairly dark like the ROG wallpaper. It dims because scanlines cutting through the image by 50% cause it to appear to be less bright.

I agree with you that the issue is 'minor' but only because it takes a certain set of circumstances or pattern to be displayed before it even occurs. If it happened randomly without prerequisites, then it'd be terrible because:

i) Mobile phone video still isn't the best. It's shaky, only 1080p on my mid-range smartphone, keeps refocusing, has a crummy bitrate for attempting to capture details like this, and is not in perfect sync so there is a slight flickering. So what I'm trying to say is that the scanlines are worse than they appear in the video.

ii) You simply don't want to see artifacts like this no matter how faint or hard to reproduce on a computer monitor that is meant to be superior at near-range compared to TVs (although we all know OLED is the way to go, everything else be damned).

iii) Never mind dead pixels or backlight uniformity... scanlines create the appearance of 50% dead pixels and a failing backlight... :p

Last edited:
Associate
Guys I know this has been mentioned before but looking through the pages I cannot find it. I am just about to pull the trigger on the G9 but want to check if anyone has used it with a PS4 or PS5 and what it was like, is it acceptable ?. I really only play destiny 2

Back
Top Bottom