** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Samsung phoned finally telling me there's no stock (even though it's in stock on the website) and now offering me a refund. No clue why they can't just send me one from the website instead of giving me a refund. Honestly, awful support. The monitor is gonna cost me about £62ish more than when I purchased it but they are giving me a £50 voucher so it's about £12 more now.

No clue why they couldn't just offer me a refund a couple weeks ago. The fact that it took them a month to tell me there's no stock is the most frustrating part of it. Contacting the week after week and nobody was able to tell me any valuable information, just left me waiting.

Honestly makes me not even want to buy another G9 just because of how bad this experience was lol. But I do really like the monitor other than the few flaws it has. Not really sure if there's anything better I can purchase for the same amount of money (£1100). The new G9 will probably be closer to £2000 and that's too much for a monitor for me personally. When I initially started looking for an ultrawide I said £500 tops, so I already overspent.

I probably will order another G9 but I'm curious, which model number do you think will be the most recently built? There's LC49G95TSSUXEN and LC49G95TSSRXXU on the Samsung website atm. I guess there's no way of really knowing, but the RXXU model was never on the Samsung website before, so maybe they're more recent builds?

Overall, what a waste of 9 weeks without a monitor, would not recommend lol.

I'm not sure how much help it'll be, but I picked up my G9 from OcUK back when they were on sale at the end of march, and my unit is a LC49G95TSSUXEN unit and was manufactured Feb 2021, and has none of the issues that have been reported by other users. No Dead pixels (although that may be more luck than anything else) and no other issues that I can see at least, even running at 240hz with Freesync on or off, all seems fine.

Associate
Hello, 2 weeks ago I bought the samsung G7 32" and after a few days I experienced the problems with scanlines and a problem when I turn on the pc, practically every time I start the pc the screen takes forever to turn on and it also happens that windows tells me "the screen connection may be limited". I checked and my model even if bought a fortnight ago still has firmware 1009.3 and not 1010.3, I contacted samsung and next week they will take care of the repair/replacement.

Associate
Anyone know the new firmware is available to download (1010.3).Not that I’ve had any problems but got 1009.3. I use a Xbox on it though
If you don't have scanlines or other problems, there is no need for any new firmware, also because they say the problem is with the monitor's motherboard, so new firmware won't solve the problem.

Associate
I'm not sure how much help it'll be, but I picked up my G9 from OcUK back when they were on sale at the end of march, and my unit is a LC49G95TSSUXEN unit and was manufactured Feb 2021, and has none of the issues that have been reported by other users. No Dead pixels (although that may be more luck than anything else) and no other issues that I can see at least, even running at 240hz with Freesync on or off, all seems fine.

I think the RXXU version is the newest. It also seems to use less power according to the info sheet.

-

Anyway, under my service order number for my refund it says the status is: FI Posted. Would anyone happen to know what that means? I tried their live chat but they told me I'd have to phone up and I really don't want to bother ringing up for a simple enquiry like this.

Edit: Status has changed to GFP approved now.

Last edited:
Associate
Having a problem with my Odyssey G9 on i9-9900k 930 Intel UHD 630 - keep getting graphics corruption when trying to stream Xbox at full screen (16:9 inside the 32:9). Maybe it's just not meant to be?!

Associate
Hi, i have bought a LC49G93TSSRXEN from Amazon (spain) and I have seen that the energy comsuption is lower. It is my 5th G9 and this unit has almost everithing fine, the unique problem are the scanlines at 240Hz. no flikering, no strange britness with wallappers and no dead pixels.

it came with the last firmware, 1010.2.

I have been looking the uk and spainish samsung weekpages and this unit is the equivalent of the LC49G95TSSRXXU model.

the SN is ZR1001

Anyone with the model LC49G95TSSRXXU/LC49G93TSSRXEN can confirm the 240 scanlines?

regards

Associate
Update:
They repaired my G7 which had scanlines problems, replaced the panel with this one: BN95-06479A, and updated the firmware to version 1010.3. Now everything works perfectly and the scanline problems have disappeared. Excellent work from samsung who sent me back the monitor in less than a week.

Associate
@mikehcl , where can I download this firwmare? do you know if it is valid for my g9 or is just fo the g7 version?

regards
Unfortunately I don't know how to help you, you should contact samsung support and ask for information as the firmware is not downloadable anywhere. I don't know the difference between firmware 1009.3 and 1010.3. However, if you have problems with scanlines you should send it in for repair and they will surely fix it, unfortunately I think it is a common problem on older monitors.

Associate
i have been reading differents forums, that it looks like it is solved in the g7 version with this new firmware. I couldnt find anything related with the g9 and a new firmware.

I have seen that if i put my g9 screen at 240hz with sRGB picture mode, scanlines almost dissapear.

I will still waiting any new. thanks

Associate
i have been reading differents forums, that it looks like it is solved in the g7 version with this new firmware. I couldnt find anything related with the g9 and a new firmware.

I have seen that if i put my g9 screen at 240hz with sRGB picture mode, scanlines almost dissapear.

I will still waiting any new. thanks
but i'm not sure if the new firmware solves the problem, if that's the case why samsung doesn't make it available for download? maybe i'm wrong but the problem is not just firmware

Associate
Are you saying that you are unable to choose that res at all or are you saying that it's not a commonly supported aspect ratio?

I don't know if you're aware, but you need to add it as a custom resolution, it's not in the EDID by default. Also, you can only do it at 120Hz.

Wish you could add 3440x1440 at 240hz as a custom resolution but it's just not possible when the monitor is in DSC (240hz) mode. Admittedly 3440x1440 at 120hz is more than enough for 95% of games but I'd like to play CSGO at 21:9.

For those wanting to add 3440x1440 as a resolution while in DSC mode (to prevent needing to switch modes), check out the thread here:
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/...-the-Samsung-G9-and-nVidia?pid=11835#pid11835

All you need to do is search Regedit for 'NV_Modes' and update the entry as shown in my post above. I think there are 4 'NV_Modes' entries in total, not sure which ones are actually needed.
2bZrWLz.png

Associate
Got my Samsung G9 for £989, chuffed to bits.

Mounted it using the hack allot on reddit do, so have a Amazon Basics dual stand. Taken off arms and taken off bracket and tilt mechanism from G9 stand. Then bolted it on. Works a treat and solid as a rock.

Also have 34" Iiyama Ultrawide 1440p 144hz IPS up top on a separate mount.

Do you have a link to the hack? also can you post a picture of the mount it self please?

Thanks!

Associate
Anyone know the new firmware is available to download (1010.3).Not that I’ve had any problems but got 1009.3. I use a Xbox on it though
Curious to hear where the 1010.3 firmware is downloadable from too. My G9 is pretty solid, no dead pixels but we know that's a luck of draw. It looks pretty good after hardware calibration too. But there is scanline "issues", pretty minor but obviously would have loved not to see scanlines at all.

Otherwise, the monitor is as good a sample as they get, I think. I tried to hook up 2x Display Ports to it and go PBP and on disabling PBP I got a black screen and the only way to fix it was to hard restart the PC, which was quite disappointing, but otherwise, it's a good sample. Also, the monitor build is just a cheap piece of junk plastic, I've seen £100 monitors built better than this. The back of the monitor genuinely uses the cheapest thin plastic, it's almost unbelievable how much Samsung didn't care about the build quality. But I can overlook that (still shaking my head though, come on Samsung) and I can overlook the minor scanline issues.

But, I would love not to see scanlines. Because honestly, that's just a bit of a joke on a £1000 monitor.

Associate
So i just got the *** competitor product link removed ***. It was great for about 6 hours. Then on my desktop which is a cyberpunk 2077 wallpaper. I noticed this buzzing from the monitor and horizontal lines across the whole screen. I thought my DP cable was busted so i put in the one sent by Samsung and that did not fix it. I then reset to defaults which made the monitor go black and did not turn back on for 5+ mins so i had to unplug it and plug it back in. OSD then had no wording on some parts of it so i reset again and luckily it worked that time. Now im getting a constant high pitched buzz from my monitor and the horizontal lines show on any black equalizer setting below 18. I have tried 144hz and no difference also if i move a application around my desktop i get like a flashbang effect where it brightens and no more lines and the buzzing stops. if i put anthing bright up it completely fixes itself. So should i RMA this monitor?

This is on a RTX 2080TI so it can handle the compression thingy.

Edit: I forgot to mention all profiles including HDR on the monitor have only set 10% brightness i have to manually crank that upto 70-90% to get good colours. HDR was worst because HDR at 10% meant i could not see anything at all. And yes even after the reset those were still the same profiles.

Last edited by a moderator:

S2k

S2k

Associate
Sounds faulty to me, I also had a faulty G7 from the rainforest shop late last year. The nice thing with them is it was dead easy to get a replacement one. Just ring them (or I did text chat) and they will send out a new one. All you need to do is box up the old one with the returns label they will supply and take it to a local shop for return.

Back
Top Bottom