• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Sapphire Pulse 6800 Faulty?

Soldato
I have just installed the same Sapphire card in my desktop, using a BeQuiet! 650 watt PSU but with two separate cables. Haven't had a chance to run any games yet but interested in how you get on OP.

Associate
OP
I couldn't post any replies yesterday due to a handicapped forum restriction. You made 15 posts in 24 hours. Who ever implemented this, hope you constantly drop food.

So I've tried this in the other PC with the 850w PSU. Done DDU, powered down then removed 3060 Ti. Put 6800 in. Used AMD website for latest drivers. Rebooted.
Restored Steam backup from external HDD for Destiny 2, Apex on to SSD. Perfectly fine. So what I did is then connected my monitor to this PC and tried... behold got stuttering again.The problem was with my Samsung Space monitor. FreeSync was enabled so I disabled that and it seems much better now. With freesync I was getting flicker too in games. I also changed HDMI input from 1.4 to 2.0. Regarding the fans they seem low I think it's the way the card cooler design works.

Associate
OP
Defo was my Space Monitor. Got no problems using NVIDIA card as Space monitor doesn't work in G-SYNC Compatible via HDMI hence no stuttering. The other PC is connected to a 4K Sony TV that doesn't support FreeSync nor G-Sync.

Associate
Defo was my Space Monitor. Got no problems using NVIDIA card as Space monitor doesn't work in G-SYNC Compatible via HDMI hence no stuttering. The other PC is connected to a 4K Sony TV that doesn't support FreeSync nor G-Sync.
That's not necessarily your monitor, that could still be your GPU.

My Samsung suffers from flickering, mostly when it's in LFC, so anything under 70fps, and that's going to be a monitor issue - IMO, same with yours. However stuttering may not be. I've noticed on mine having Freesync on does some screwy stuff with GPU clocks, even with Freesync disabled via radeon settings. In the end i just disabled Freesync. If you can, try and test it on a different Freesync monitor.

And just for a laugh, my 580 is also a Pulse model.

Associate
Display Port all the way. :D:D:D
Plenty of decent monitors compatible with FreeSync and G-Sync. Using Dell 27 1440p.
May upgrade for 4k, but then even a 32" would be small for my tastes, considering the resolution. And the good ones are too expensive yet.

Soldato
Regarding the fans they seem low I think it's the way the card cooler design works.
Don’t worry about that the cooler is very good at cooling the gpu mine goes on and off in games like cs:go as it barely utilises the gpu and it’s not auditable compared to my other fans when running high intense gpu games. Fans off when in desktop mode

Soldato
I couldn't post any replies yesterday due to a handicapped forum restriction. You made 15 posts in 24 hours. Who ever implemented this, hope you constantly drop food.

So I've tried this in the other PC with the 850w PSU. Done DDU, powered down then removed 3060 Ti. Put 6800 in. Used AMD website for latest drivers. Rebooted.
Restored Steam backup from external HDD for Destiny 2, Apex on to SSD. Perfectly fine. So what I did is then connected my monitor to this PC and tried... behold got stuttering again.The problem was with my Samsung Space monitor. FreeSync was enabled so I disabled that and it seems much better now. With freesync I was getting flicker too in games. I also changed HDMI input from 1.4 to 2.0. Regarding the fans they seem low I think it's the way the card cooler design works.

Maybe you need to update your monitor firmware. Some people had success with an update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/cnwml0/has_anyone_gotten_freesync_to_work_on_their/

Back
Top Bottom