• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New sapphire rx 480 nitro +

Associate
Hmmm so I as I speak things seem better. My son has been playing marvel super heroes and it would randomly freeze and give a buzzing sound. I thought it might have been the game.... So was looking at latest hotfix and Windows locked up. Strange thing is reset button on pc would not work so had to power down. Sometimes would start back up and loose signal to TV.

So I Googled a bit and lots of people seem to have same issue. Have just installed the older WHQ driver and game seems better.

What driver are you running and seems most stable?
I'm assuming this is a driver issue and not the card.... But when it freezes and the buzz and the lack of reset button seems strange.

Am running a 600 watt corsair psu
I5 3570k (stock)
Windows 10

Associate
Hi Conuk

I've had no problems with either of the last 2 drivers.

Is it lego marvel super heroes? I have that game (although not tried it on my 480 yet) and its not very demanding unless you have the AA cranked up if I remember correctly.

What speed is your gpu going at whilst the game is running?

Giz

Associate
OP
yeah sorry - is lego.

Installed 16.9.2 and fingers crossed it seems ok... was playing GTA 5 last night and had no issues.

speeds : 1306 : 1750 - havent changed anything. Temps do get to 78 80.... but its a Antec P50 case so the cards fans are very close to the case so hard to get ventilation in there. Will add a couple more case fans soon.

Back
Top Bottom