New shed advice please

Associate
Hi guys, ok my current shed is old, battered and stinks of cat pee, so it’s time to replace the old girl with a shiny new one. I’ve been trying to work out the merits of wood, metal or plastic and I’m thinking metal. My main wants for this new shed is for it to be secure, no/low maintenance, strong/sturdy and mould/water proof. I’ve read metal ones need ventilation because of condensation issues and I’ve seen some that have vents. Is metal the way forward and if so who are the best brands/types? Anything else I need to consider?

Soldato
Metal typically dont come with a floor so factor that in

I have a metal one at my allotment and would without fail go metal again in future. Far better than wood as long as you take the floor situation into account.

Plastic I cannot comment on
Bumping an old thread, but how'd you get on regarding condensation, and what did you do for your base?

Bumping an old thread, but how'd you get on regarding condensation, and what did you do for your base?

Never seen any issues with condensation, its not sealed tight like a container, plus for me..
Mine is at my allotment so after it blew over in the wind (luckily it snagged on the roof of the massive cage it sits in) I bought 10 breeze blocks and used frame bolts to connect it to them. It helped as well as I gained 9 inches or so of height.
If I was using it somewhere it needed a better base (inside is just mud in effect for me) I would probably lay a proper concrete and bolt to that

Associate
Get yourself on Tiger sheds. I got a timber one last year and the quality is fine. Make sure your base is good, with air flow underneath and look after the timber daily. You can't go wrong

Soldato
And it's up

Started off with the plastic grid base to raise it up a bit. Although it's composite we.do still bet some standing water there. Will also allow me to move the whole thing relatively easily until we are happy with the postion and orientation. Will fix the whole thing down once we settle on final location.

Shed base on top

IMG-20210206-132640.jpg

Sides and back up

IMG-20210207-145129.jpg

"Gables"

IMG-20210207-151720.jpg

Roof

IMG-20210207-154057.jpg

Door and window

IMG-20210207-162823.jpg

And done !

IMG-20210207-162831.jpg