• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New SK 2066 cpus?

Soldato
Hard to say. Would have said yes as I usually envisage a refresh at least once, but the recent 28 core demo was on an entirely different socket so....

Soldato
Well there is rumour of 22 core cpus to x299 this fall but its just a rumour nothing concrete.

I think intel probably planned a refresh of x299 cpus this year but with the advent of 24 and 32 core TR2 cpus coming this august, intel resorted to 28 core on 3647 socket instead.

So there is possibility that we wont see any further cpus on x299.

Soldato
Anyone know if any more cpus coming out, im tempted to go for the 7980xe for AR6 extreme mobo, but am hoping for a higher spec one?

Given that there was no news about this a year after the initial launch of the X299, and the only new CPU we know of is on 3647 socket very doubt it Intel will have 2 HEDT platforms on the market. So X299 could be dead already.

After all Intel didn't expected their 10nm process been a failure by that time.

Associate
The only significant update would be at 10nm but since that is a DOA I wouldn't hold my breath.
TR is the only HEDT platform with a known decent upgrade path at this point.

Soldato
Bit stunned that my rampage 6 extreme wont be so high end so soon.
Fingers crossed about the 22 core tho.

I am confused, do you have the AR6 already or not, from OP sounds like you do not. With that said they always generally seem to do refreshes or updates with the second batch of CPUs so would not rule out seeing a retouched rampage board, even if the same socket.

Soldato
Intel will make you buy a new mobo for a 28 core... It's in their DNA to do it.

But is on different socket, you cannot fit 3647 on a 2066.
And the reason is the 28 core doesn't fit on the 2066 package either way. The 18 core fills the whole package already not leaving space for more. Even 10% cores let alone 56% more cores and size.

Soldato
In the wccftech article mentioning x299 22 core cpu it stated that 8 core cpu would be coming to recently released xeon-e family :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccfte...-22-core-skylake-x-2018-launch-confirmed/amp/

The interesting thing that is mentioned here is that Intel’s 8 core processors would be first arriving in the Xeon-E platform which is the mainstream server platform. This is expected to arrive sometime in July 2018.

Well we know Xeon-E family only goes up to 6 cores. So not sure how credible their sources are regarding the 22 core cpu for x299 lol

Soldato
In the wccftech article mentioning x299 22 core cpu it stated that 8 core cpu would be coming to recently released xeon-e family :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccfte...-22-core-skylake-x-2018-launch-confirmed/amp/

Well we know Xeon-E family only goes up to 6 cores. So not sure how credible their sources are regarding the 22 core cpu for x299 lol

It will be a tight squeeze on the package, and imho doesn't fit. A 20 core probably will fit just.
If someone sees the 18 core delided will understand what I am talking about.
As for WCCFTECH when come to future products, a boatload of salt is needed.

Is the same site claiming 1180 will come out "next month"..... Look at their history since last September.
End of 2017, Start of 2018, then March, then April, then May, now July. Or it will be named 1180, another article 2080. And all articles by "inside sources".
Look at the AMD GPUs run just few weeks ago. With new lineup pulled out of their heads....

Back
Top Bottom