new skynet challenge

PDW

PDW

Associate
I've looked down the back of the sofa and found a 5p, if only it had been a 4p :p

Perhaps a visit to the tip tomorrow to see what others are chucking out :eek:

Soldato
when this challenge is over, why don't all you guys just joined stay here and join the ocuk folding team? :cool: deffantly keep this place abit more busy with more users posting

Man of Honour
I missed out too, but don't mind, as it wasn't the 'get rich quick' scheme most had hoped (save for a lucky few early adopters). That's a discussion for another thread. :)

I'm getting very close to 50k PPD, which is the best I've ever done. Happy to have the extra push to get there.

Associate
OP
I missed out too, but don't mind, as it wasn't the 'get rich quick' scheme most had hoped (save for a lucky few early adopters). That's a discussion for another thread. :)

I'm getting very close to 50k PPD, which is the best I've ever done. Happy to have the extra push to get there.

OK just wondering as my leccky bill is stopping me getting a 980 sooner lol Wish we could get free leccky ie cover the roof in solar, maybe 1 day

I noticed you creeping up on me on the RAC ! lol

Last edited:
Soldato
How did that go? i thought you were spose to make a profit lol
Gutted i missed the boat with the mining but i was skint for too many years and missed out buying the top end cards

I was lucky enough to get in early, but even so I basically just got a pair of 290s for free.

I noticed my htpc was only showing 30% CPU usage while running boinc btw. Any reason it isn't going 100%? It was just after a reboot so may have had some background processes eating up CPU time, so hopefully it will be going 100% when I get home.

Associate
My units have been validating quite well over the past few days. Increased to over 140 pending but has validated 132k of credit in the past couple of days :D

Doesn't seem to be enough though as EVGA are pulling ahead :(

Associate
Had another look down the sofa.

No 4p but 2p found and added, 24 cores:)

I love how you can just "find" 24 cores when that's the grand sum* of what I have at my disposal :p

*my Galaxy S5 and Surface Pro 2 could do some more, but I don't like the idea of pushing something with no real cooling for very little gain

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I noticed my htpc was only showing 30% CPU usage while running boinc btw. Any reason it isn't going 100%? It was just after a reboot so may have had some background processes eating up CPU time, so hopefully it will be going 100% when I get home.

Check the settings in boinc manager - advanced - tools - computing preferences - processor usage allows 100% and consider what percentage that gets throttled if computer is in use.

Meanwhile some 771 WUs now awaiting validation :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well I doubled my meagre output over the past few days which is the least of the efforts done by some of this team and we gave it our best shot, but poking the giant that is EVGA was always going to be a massive challenge. They may be slow to wake up but once they turn even a fraction of their team onto a project they can dominate easily. Still for a small team like ours we really showed them!

Associate
OP
I love how you can just "find" 24 cores when that's the grand sum* of what I have at my disposal :p

*my Galaxy S5 and Surface Pro 2 could do some more, but I don't like the idea of pushing something with no real cooling for very little gain

I run a surface pro 2 and leave it standing on its edge so the back has max surface area for cooling, they do run warm but all threads help :)

Soldato
I'm a bit confused by the leaderboards. How can we only have a small lead on teams that are generating a fraction of the credits per day? Or am I looking at the wrong leaderboards here?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Soldato
Ah I was looking at the overall leaderboard not the challenge one. Dead close though!

E: next challenge needs a GD post to get everyone with 2 cores to rub together involved. Reckon we could have taken them with the full forum might involved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom