New sound card or dac needed gaming only

Associate
Hi can someome tell me a good dac or sound card to buy, my 2nd gsx 1000 just died so after different brand, 100% for gaming fps,
Creative X4
Creative G6 or somthing else thanks

Soldato
Hardware Canucks just published an advertorial on YouTube for Creative Labs USB products. Mainly aimed at headphone users too. Just to swerve slightly I’m enjoying the Soundblaster Katana v2 sound bar I purchased recently.

Associate
Yes needs mic input
Hmm ok because my go to is the Ifi Zen DAC but it has to audio in. I use a Yeti mic for audio in.

I play a lot of PUBG and it picks up a lot of subtle sounds, like footsteps on the other side of a hill running up and towards me.

That being said, any good enough DAC would work too.

Soldato
Creative X4
SBX G6 would have very competent headphone amplifier for the price level, double so for Creative's B-stock price, and capable to driving most headphones.
(by Sennheiser's pricing it would cost like £500)

But if cheap phone&tablet level DAC/amp IC of GSX was enough for you headphones, then SB X4 would be certainly enough.
Also head shape customizable Super X-Fi HRTF would be advantage for gaming with possibly lot better sound directionality/positioning over usual fixed average head shape based HRTFs.
If you use speakers, HRTF options don't matter.

Associate
OP
SBX G6 would have very competent headphone amplifier for the price level, double so for Creative's B-stock price, and capable to driving most headphones.
(by Sennheiser's pricing it would cost like £500)

But if cheap phone&tablet level DAC/amp IC of GSX was enough for you headphones, then SB X4 would be certainly enough.
Also head shape customizable Super X-Fi HRTF would be advantage for gaming with possibly lot better sound directionality/positioning over usual fixed average head shape based HRTFs.
If you use speakers, HRTF options don't matter.
I quite liked the gsx 1000, but had 2 die on me so will, go for sb x4 thx

Associate
Hi can someome tell me a good dac or sound card to buy, my 2nd gsx 1000 just died so after different brand, 100% for gaming fps,
Creative X4

Audio interfaces are pretty good for this even if you don't use XLR mics, I would recommend the Motu M2.

Back
Top Bottom