New sound setup - advice required plz.

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking to review my sound setup. I've got a Creative Inspire T6060 (which I'm only use in 2.1 setup) hooked up to the onboard sound on the motherboard which I use the majority of time and then plug in headphones (into the Creative volume box control box) when specifically required (Creative F4t4l1ty). I like the Creatives as if I do happen to play music it's loud and sounds okay plus the desk speakers are quite small do don't take up too much space. Regardless of whether I'm using speakers or headset I use the same desk mic (Yeti Blackout).

Should I be investing in a internal sound card or external device - would it make a difference? If so what would you recommend? At the same time I'd like to have easy access to mute/volume control easily on the desktop (the volume/bass control on the creative is awkward to see the levels without picking it up as they're on the side).

I'd also like to get wireless headphones that will primary (90%+) be used for gaming. What would you recommend? Must be comfy. Doesn't need a boom mic as always use desk mic. It would be good if I could control the volume of voice and game separately like with the Turtle Beach Z22 inline amp.

Anything else that you'd need to know to give me a steer?

Budget wise - would be good to keep it all within £500 but can be flexible.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Associate
Your speakers really aren't good enough to benefit from a high end soundcard or DAC. If you want to upgrade your sound setup you could get an Audioquest Dragonfly, a TRS mini to TRS dual mono cable and a pair of JBL LSR 305 speakers. You might have enough left over for a Corsair Void wireless headset. All of this is good kit.

Back
Top Bottom