New springs and exhaust fitted (Puma)

Soldato
Duke said:
Yep all done at Pumabuild :) Do you have a Puma too btw?

Scottland - post pics? :)

I've not got any pics of mine yet, and it's getting a bit dark now - so I'll take some in the morning and post them, but it's completely stock atm.

Suspension wise, I've been recommended these over the gmax ones, but haven't decided if I'm going to bother at all at the moment, as I don't know how long I'll be keeping the Puma.

Man of Honour
OP
Scottland said:
I've not got any pics of mine yet, and it's getting a bit dark now - so I'll take some in the morning and post them, but it's completely stock atm.

Suspension wise, I've been recommended these over the gmax ones, but haven't decided if I'm going to bother at all at the moment, as I don't know how long I'll be keeping the Puma.
Those Koni's look ok but I'm sure I heard somewhere they were quite stiff, like Spax springs are?
How come you are thinking of selling by the way? Fingers crossed in a year or two I should be getting company car so in the meantime I'm keeping the Puma and will keep fiddling with it I think :)

Soldato
Duke said:
Those Koni's look ok but I'm sure I heard somewhere they were quite stiff, like Spax springs are?
How come you are thinking of selling by the way? Fingers crossed in a year or two I should be getting company car so in the meantime I'm keeping the Puma and will keep fiddling with it I think :)

I'm not thinking of selling it yet, but probably in about 18months to move onto something better, so I'm not sure if I can be bothered with messing around with it tbh.

Soldato
Duke said:
Yep all done at Pumabuild :) Do you have a Puma too btw?

Scottland - post pics? :)

indeed, got it a while back :)

my clutch has started to slip a bit now though, so replacing that has put halt to a few other mods.. although, I think the exhaust is starting to blow a bit, so rather than repair, replace with racecat and manifold may be on the cards ;)

Soldato
Conanius said:
my clutch has started to slip a bit now though, so replacing that has put halt to a few other mods.. although, I think the exhaust is starting to blow a bit, so rather than repair, replace with racecat and manifold may be on the cards ;)

When I was looking around at Puma's to buy, I saw loads where the backbox had corroded, almost everyone would have needed it doing soon.

Soldato
Scottland said:
When I was looking around at Puma's to buy, I saw loads where the backbox had corroded, almost everyone would have needed it doing soon.
the backbox on mine is fine, the chrome has discoloured a fair bit, but I think thats closely linked with the amount of soot that it fires out. the noise is coming from just under the drivers seat area (reassuring)

Back
Top Bottom