New SSD Drive, best way to backup old Samsung F3 to SSD help also is this motherboard anygood for ss

Associate
Hi all

I just bought a new SSD drive and wanted to know whats the best way to get my setup onto the new drive.

I have windows 64bit 7 pro and i can create a image of the drive as its a 60gig partition as i bought a 128gig SSD.

is this the best way and if so is there anything i need to look out for or any setting in widows to turn on and off ?

I hach achi already turned on in the bios as i installed windows 78 this way on my f3 samsung so there sohuld be no problems there.

oh my motherboard is a asus p7p55d-e pro would a 128gb ssd work much faster and better than a f3

cheers

Soldato
Sorry you've been missed out...

The SSD will be much faster than the F3 yes.

I'd suggest you reinstall windows, as it doesn't take long and it'll make sure Windows does all the settings right for the SSD. Unplug your HDD and just install with the SSD in, then add the HDD once it's installed :)

If its in ACHI and you do a reinstall you shouldnt need to change anything!

Associate
OP
Thanks but I far to much software to just reinstall as all my software has different settings and windows7 settings have been altered just wanted to find out if you could just back it up

Cheers

Associate
NB Use Windows 'easy transfer' to get all accounts settings and documents from one setup to another. You'll need an external drive.

1) Unplug old HDD, Plug in new SSD to first sata port
2) Install W7 64 to SSD from DVD or download. You can set a lot of the destination folders during this process.
3) Install all important system drivers (chipset, graphics, Intel RST).
4) Open RST in system tray and check that disk data cache is enabled
5) Disable file content indexing (optionally turn it off completely) for SSD and double-check that Windows has correctly disabled scheduled defrags for SSD
6) Run WEI
8) Plug old HDD back in and remove old windows install.

Back
Top Bottom