New SSD in an old Toshiba Vista laptop

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the throws of re-commissioning an old Vista Uni laptop that's been under the stairs since about 2013... it works fine though, and it was fairly high-end at the time. I only want it for web, office, kids homework etc. nothing too strenuous.

I removed to reuse the original 160GB SATA drive a few years back but I wanted to check before buying a replacement SSD, if it would be compatible - I'm sure I read that kit, laptops of a certain age specifically, didn't have something on the bios that recognised SSDs?

Thoughts?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the throws of re-commissioning an old Vista Uni laptop that's been under the stairs since about 2013... it works fine though, and it was fairly high-end at the time. I only want it for web, office, kids homework etc. nothing too strenuous.

I removed to reuse the original 160GB SATA drive a few years back but I wanted to check before buying a replacement SSD, if it would be compatible - I'm sure I read that kit, laptops of a certain age specifically, didn't have something on the bios that recognised SSDs?

Thoughts?

I havnt had an issues, i've got a Core2duo laptop with an SSD in it. of course make sure you install windows 10 and not Vista..

Back
Top Bottom