New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
The initial intro incorporating 'The Cage' was utterly inspired, loved it :)
It was a nice nod to the past but it was jarring when it cut back to Discovery. Still I have to say this week was another improvement, hopefully they can keep this momentum going for the rest of series. One thing that helped was having Burnham off the ship for the past two episodes it's allowed the other characters to spread their wings especially Pike.

Soldato
Every episode seems to be them looking for a lost crew member. They also seem to have a load of time critical situations, yet manage to stop in the middle and have a chat and a hug when they should be running for their lives and the lives of the crew at risk (usually because they are having to rescue a stuck crew member).

Looks like CBS is going to get it's ass kicked for copyright theft:

Soldato
They also seem to have a load of time critical situations, yet manage to stop in the middle and have a chat and a hug when they should be running for their lives and the lives of the crew at risk (usually because they are having to rescue a stuck crew member).]

I took a break from discovery for a while as it was getting on my nerves a bit, but ended up watching three episodes last night. I agree with this, especially in the episode where they had to rescue tilly.
They had three minutes to get back to the ship before it was destroyed, yet they stood around talking and hugging?

Caporegime
Every episode seems to be them looking for a lost crew member. They also seem to have a load of time critical situations, yet manage to stop in the middle and have a chat and a hug when they should be running for their lives and the lives of the crew at risk (usually because they are having to rescue a stuck crew member).

Looks like CBS is going to get it's ass kicked for copyright theft:

Why do you listen to that guy? Just look at the videos he posts...

agenda.jpg

Nerdrotic said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiGzp8-G08A
StarTrek Discovery gets a season 3 based on the success of Season 2 says CBS All Access. Problem being there really is no evidence of that and without real numbers we are left to guess. Fact remains, this is the most reviled Star Trek series to date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSoqXpLtZfI&t=0s&index=15&list=PLqWW6clWCdYPZt6QeWF3jGFFODHUwLb8C
Star Trek Discovery Season 2 Episode 1 "Brother" premiered on CBS all access recently and the Access Media was way ahead of the game on this one and Rotten Tomatoes is here to help. 27 Reviews total counted for the episode of Brother at time of posting. Is RT counting reviews that aren't really reviews? You don't say. Plus, I mix in some of those real folks that many in the access realm call bots. Than give me a bot any day. Will the media be different this time from Season 1 and season 11 of Doctor Who. Spoilers...no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRKmt7UrvlY&t=0s&index=27&list=PLqWW6clWCdYPZt6QeWF3jGFFODHUwLb8C
Star Trek Discovery Infects Mr. Spock A rare recorded video answering the call from Overlord DVD to resist what has been taking place with Star Trek Discovery. It continues to destroy the things we love within the Prime Canon. Is this on purpose? No, the "creators" of this show just don't care. At this point, neither do I. Bring it on! The more damage they do, the faster this goes away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzPEXI9PJOk
While I would love to celebrate and just talk about The Orville for two hours, we all know that isn't going to happen. It's Captain Marvel week and the Access Media is in full shill mode running the troll maneuver. Anyone who doesn't like this film...is a troll. While Captain marvel is doing well this weekend, comic shops are not. You need to look no further than the comic industry for an indicator for what is to come with the MCU is it goes down this road. We will discuss and celebrate passing a major milestone. 50,000 subscribers!

No wonder you think SJW's are infecting everything listening to that rubbish!

Soldato
I'm really worried about the hot robot, Airiam.

I hope she doesn't die :(

As female robots go she's really not that hot :p

It was a nice nod to the past but it was jarring when it cut back to Discovery.
Actually i loved the cut from old Pike to Discovery Pike. They made two actors that don't really seem alike to very briefly seemed like they looked like each other.

Soldato
Why do you listen to that guy? Just look at the videos he posts...

I agree when it comes to talking about STD.
(Also the YouTuber Bowlestrek)

I think they are spot on when they talk about Dr Who, I agree with most of their stuff, and that's why I watched their vids for a while.
But the sheer venomous hatred they have in their hearts for STD is astonishing. I don't know what it must be like to live like that, having to rip apart every single tiny plot point they don't agree with as if STD stole their car and killed their dog.

Caporegime
But the sheer venomous hatred they have in their hearts for STD is astonishing. I don't know what it must be like to live like that, having to rip apart every single tiny plot point they don't agree with as if STD stole their car and killed their dog.

Exactly - If a show is making you angry, stop watching it! I've binned loads of shows

The trouble with Youtube is that the 'content creators' mainly care about views/subscribers rather than actually enjoying stuff, and when they start attracting a specific crowd they cater more towards them. Then the Youtuber ends up watching a show they hate just to keep up their output.

Back to Discovery, I think Season 2 has been really good so far, and at this stage in it's life it's better than TNG, Voyager and Enterprise were (e.g midway through Season 2)

I'll be interested what Mike and Rich at RedLetterMedia make of Season 2, as they are pretty hardcore trek fans and they did not particularly like Season 1, but I get the impression this might pull them around.

And they release 1-2 videos about it every year, rather than reviewing every episode with a massive agenda.

Man of Honour
I took a break from discovery for a while as it was getting on my nerves a bit, but ended up watching three episodes last night. I agree with this, especially in the episode where they had to rescue tilly.
They had three minutes to get back to the ship before it was destroyed, yet they stood around talking and hugging?

This really irked me too. It was ridiculous. Not the first time they have been under time pressure and then stop for a chat.

Soldato
SpinnyIndianCam needs to go ffs. What does the director think he/she is achieving?

Edit: Excellent episode 9 overall. Good Mass Effect feel to it too. Great interactions with Spork and Michael and for once she couldn't save the day by fast talking her way through a major predicament. Great lines in this episode too.

It is about time the show made use of Owowo, Detmer, Nahn, Harry Kim wannabe (sorry) and the other chap. Owowo and Detmer just stare at each other continually so they need some episodes dedicated to them. It was great to see Nahn finally made use of, so that is a good start.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom