New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
Well Kes was supposed to stay (that's why Tom Paris ended up doing so much medical stuff) and Harry Kim was supposed to get killed off in that season's cliff hanger. Then a big magazine over the summer break labelled Garret Wang as one of the 20 "most beautiful people on TV". Jeri Ryan's contract was signed, and due to budgets and the size of cast they wanted (it was already pretty big), Kes was written out instead of Harry Kim

Lien was already suffering from severe stage fright, and that pretty much ended her career. Other mental health issues occurred, and several arrests, and she retired from acting.

Soldato
Strange, have they said why the swap? Seems odd to change the actress but keep the original actress on in another capacity.

Maybe she couldn't/wouldn't deal with the makeup protheses, or she was offered a part where she gets her face out there, instead of being unrecognizable (better for the career).

Soldato
Again I enjoyed it. Really liking this now.

I'm predicting that the repaired Enterprise is going to show up in the last episode to save discovery & make short work of whichever enemy is causing a problem in that episode. Wonder if it'd be too soon to have the new (old) D7 turn up?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I sometimes wonder if I'm watching a different series to you guys. I haven't come close to enjoying an episode really since "An Obol For Charon", an episode that I genuinely liked not just as an episode of STD but as a Star Trek story as well.

***edit***

To be fair, there's been stuff since that I've enjoyed if I take scenes or plot threads in isolation. Parts of "If Memory Serves" were cool, especially with the callbacks to the original Trek pilot "The Cage". But for me where Season 1 suffered by having a Klingon war storyline that was crap, Season 2 is suffering by showing a Section 31 storyline which was crap in DS9, crap in Enterprise and even more crap here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom